"Seahouses, Northumberland" Seahouses by davesut

Seahouses Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 23 photos

Seahouses - on the bracing North East Coast

Seahouses is on the Northumberland coast, North East England. An absolutely delightful village. Fishing was huge here in years gone by, now not so much but still a tourist spot throughout the year. In February the weather was wild and I mean WILD and in the winter it is relatively quiet although enough people live here to ensure that you are not alone. A few local pubs/bars will entertain you in the evening. The beach is a wide expanse of sand great for exploring all year round . The village is a short ride along the coast to other attractions in Northumberland.

Sand, sand, sand - just how much do you need. Many people walking along here on a weekend yet never too many to feel crowded. It wasn't warm enough to sunbathe unfortunately.

I like this photo of my daughter trudging across the windswept wastes

Back to Davesut's home page

• Last visit to Seahouses: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2008

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Love this place a lot!I always come here and buy dressed crabs whenever I'm in Newcastle.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2009 at 5:30 AM

I think summer would be a good time to visit here! Gillybob greetings

• mamawinnie's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 1:58 PM

off there in August and hopefully its gonna be warmer thaan whwen you went lol

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 1:48 PM

You have really been to some interesting places in England. Seahouses seems to have a really busy High Street. *winkygrin*

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Great part of the world, except when the wind whips the sand in your face continually....!!

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 6:21 AM

Looks great.Must revisit Northumberland-my Dad's birthplace.Haven't been up there for many a year.

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 3:01 AM

ah, yes, I've done a lot of 'thanks for watching the pets' gift shopping... should be plenty of cool stuff to buy while you're in Zurich. Have fun, I love that city!

davesut

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Badges & Stats in Seahouses

Have you been to Seahouses?