"Silves away from the crowds - almost" Silves by davesut
Silves Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 313 photos
Silves, north of Lagao on the main motorway and easy to travel to by car. Spend the best part of the day here. Most people come to the castle here. The old town area on the hill underneath the castle contain a number of cafes and shops although it still has the feel of a residential town in parts serving the local population.
Free entry but please pay a little - Silves Cathedral with number of chapels and altars to look around. A low priced... more travel advice
This would have been great (maybe I should choose Warnings or Dangers). The cork factory was closed during the day to... more travel advice
davesut's Related Pages
Silves Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The village of Alte"
- "Day excursion with the (W)right family"
- "Kingdom of the Algarve"
- "Historic Silves"
- "Moorish Silves"
- "Silves from above"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silves
- Hotels in Silves
- Transportation in Silves
- Nightlife in Silves
- Restaurants in Silves
- Shopping in Silves
- Warnings and Dangers in Silves
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Silves
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Silves?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silves
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos
- Prague Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Prcanj Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- Florida Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Manchester Intro, 3 reviews, 42 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algarve Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos