Tavira Things to Do Tips by davesut
Tavira Things to Do: 97 reviews and 194 photos
Take the road train around teh town to get to see it. Can't say it is pullman luxury but a great way to get to see all parts of the town. The train stopped at the castle for 10 minutes ("But we've already been here," I gasped).Runs once an hour starts from the cobbled footbridge. Cost 10 euros for three people.
Take a ferry to the Ihle of Tavira where the beach is. Ferry fare a reasonable 2 Euros. The 'Ihle' is a very large place with a popular campsite(booked up when we were there), a number of shops and restaurants. You need to allow the best part of the day to get the most out of this trip. The beach is large with lots of space. Just beware the queue for the ferry home. The ferries stop running at 7pm. There were peolpe all over this island away from the main beach - great to explore I guess if time and heat allows.
The 'castle' is just a couple of walls that are still standing, no entrance fee and none worth it but the gardens are nice for a shady spot and the view looks out towrds the sea. The toilets here were absolutely horrible. The view from the top of the castle, the more observant will note a sky line in Algarve with no high rises in this.
Walk around teh old town, take about one hour to do so. A couple of churches that may be open but not on a Sunday when we visited.
More Reviews (1)
davesut's Related Pages
Tavira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tavira a paradise still not spoilt"
- "Tavira: Pretty Town With Fascinating Urban Core"
- "Tavira a charming Town in the South East Algarve."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tavira
- Hotels in Tavira
- Transportation in Tavira
- Nightlife in Tavira
- Restaurants in Tavira
- Shopping in Tavira
- Warnings and Dangers in Tavira
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tavira
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Tavira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tavira
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos
- Prague Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Prcanj Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- Florida Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Manchester Intro, 3 reviews, 42 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algarve Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sölden Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- The Castle- 8 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Roman Bridge - Ponta de Romana- 6 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Republic Square- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Church of Santa Maria do Castelo- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Church of Santiago- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Misericordia Church- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Chapel of Sao Sebastiao- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos