Lago di Garda Things to Do Tips by davesut
Lago di Garda Things to Do: 204 reviews and 427 photos
I felt this was a satellite town of Riva. I felt this was worth only a short visit, maybe for an hour or two,. Good beach area and a few restaurants to choose from. Many had a German feel, guess this area is popular with German tourists. My weinerschnitchel was great.
Water way to go
A 10 minute drive outside the town centre is the falls. You have to pay to get into these which is a little steep for the half hour or so you can spend there.
There are two main viewing points here - the bottom and two thirds of the way up. Quite spectacular arrangement but not sure it was worth the entrance fee.
Rive is situated at the far north of the lake and if you get there it is a good place to stay around for a while. There is a good beach area with new grassed backdrop which is easier on your feet than the shingle. There are a number of water sport areas here as well. Nearby is the waterfall, see my next tip.
No I did not go in, too cold
Limione has a poor reputation for crowds but during our visit in May it was very pleasant. A good beach and a number of lake front restaurants to get into. It has a resort feel to it but worth a visit all the same.
A boat trip round the lake is an absolute must. The places on the eastern side that I thought looked best were Bardolino and Garda. Both have a nice front area and areas to promenade along.
Another place that is great for a stroll along the promenade. This is the more classy place on the western fringes with large grand hotels. The boat to here is very popular. This place is big enough to spend a full day if you take in the two attractions inland - the botanical gardens and the Vitoriale del Haliani. If it is a choice between the gardens and the villa take the villa which is better value and you are likely to spend more time there.
Close to Salo on the West of the Lake and facing Gardone Riviera this is a delightfully small waterfront. Very little to do here but a great restaurant on the quayside and a short promenade to walk along. The small town with a few other eating places is about 1/2 mile up the hill from the water front.
where are those beach shoes?
We stayed in Moniga del Garda. The old town is very pleasant but nowhere near as good as some of the other places we saw. If you are in this area, the beach is a pleasant one with a bit of space that would mean it should not get too crowded in summer. The passenger boats stop here 2/3 times in a day. I think this is a good base to get to see the rest of the area by car but not by boat unless you have your own!! Our accommodation was good but if you're not staying nearby it would be only worth a brief visit.
For snacks claoe to the beach/harbour area visit here
Address: South west of the Lake
More Reviews (7)
davesut's Related Pages
Lago di Garda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lago di Garda"
- "LAGO DI GARDA"
- "A Mediterranean microclimate"
- "Welcome to Lago Land"
- "Lake Garda"
- "GARDALAND - FUN FOR YOUNG AND ... EVERYONE !"
- "Italy's largest and nicest lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago di Garda
- Hotels in Lago di Garda
- Transportation in Lago di Garda
- Nightlife in Lago di Garda
- Restaurants in Lago di Garda
- Shopping in Lago di Garda
- Warnings and Dangers in Lago di Garda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Hotels
- Lucknow Hotels
- Jacksonville Beach Hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh
- Adelaide Hotels
- South Korea
- Traverse City
Badges & Stats in Lago di Garda
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Lago di Garda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago di Garda
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos
- Prague Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Prcanj Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- Florida Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Manchester Intro, 3 reviews, 42 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algarve Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
Latest Lago di Garda hotel reviews
- Club da Baia Boutique Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Malcesine- 14 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Gardaland- 16 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Sirmione- 14 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Peschiera- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Monte Baldo- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Torri del Benaco- 13 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Limone sul Garda- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Riva del Garda- 5 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Lazise- 9 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Salo- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Lago di Garda Things to Do