"Treviso Airport, Gateway to North Italy and Beyond" Treviso by davesut
Treviso Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 657 photos
I thought a few tips about Treviso Airport may be of some use to people. It must be amongst the smallest airports in the Europe, yet ripe for expansion. Refreshments are restricted to a stand, serving coffee and pastries, one before passport control and one after. There is a cafe right accross the road if you are there in advance. Duty free store is very small. When we were there two planes were taking off within half an hour of each other and the departure lounge did not have anything like enough seating for all the passengers. The departure lounge is a dreary place with no windows, better to spend time outside if you can on the few benches near arrivals, about 100m away from the main entrance pictured here.
Parking is limited to a few spaces in front of the airport and a load of towing away warnings, there is an extra car park that needs seeking out, it is just a short way away but behind some of the buildings off teh main road. Note the sign here. There a very limited spaces for car hire drop off. Otherwise recommended car hire drop off is in the car parks which you will have to pay for, your choice, pay a car park fee or risk the parking fine. Indeed my car hire pick up was 500m walk away down the road opposite the airport in a lay by. Can't imagine the local residents are too chuffed. Car hire booths are in teh arrivals area and you won't miss them as there is no space for anything else.
Most people appear to travel to Treviso to visit Venice. Having spent a few hours hanging around the airport I can confirm that there is plenty of space on the buses which shuttle to and from Venice. They will wait for you as well. You buy a ticket from a booth just beyond bagage reclaim. There was a big queue for these tickets. If there are two of you in the party then get one person to collect bags whilst the second queues for tickets. You can see the new airport building under construction in the background, looks like this will be a much bigger airport in the near future.
- Pros:Easy access to Venice and the motorway network
- Cons:'Intimate' atomosphere
- In a nutshell:Easy in and out, miserable airport, will be a lot different with new terminal building
davesut's Related Pages
Treviso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Treviso che di chiare fontane tutta ride""
- "Treviso, citta del'arte"
- "Treviso - 'A City of Water and Art'"
- "Treviso-Art and Water FAme"
- "A VT meeting in Treviso."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Treviso
- Hotels in Treviso
- Transportation in Treviso
- Nightlife in Treviso
- Restaurants in Treviso
- Shopping in Treviso
- Warnings and Dangers in Treviso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Treviso
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Treviso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Treviso
- Posted in Travel Manchester Forum "Re: Transportation and..."
- updated a Treviso Travel Page "Treviso Airport, Gateway to North Italy and Beyond"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Treviso Airport, Gateway to North Italy and Beyond"
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos
- Prague Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Prcanj Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- Florida Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Manchester Intro, 3 reviews, 42 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algarve Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sölden Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos