"A few days spent in the forest" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg by davesut

Land Baden-Württemberg Travel Guide: 6,414 reviews and 23,346 photos

A few days spent enjoying this area of Germany - my first visit to Germany since Oktoberfest 1992 - a very different way to spend the time this time in Germany. Read on for a few tips that hopefully capture the idea that staying in this area is a delight.
First off - no one else I know has ever stayed in the forest here.
The hospitality we received was excellent from local people - absolutely brilliant, so many people could not do enough to help us out especially given my very poor German language skills.
A car is essential here to make the most of the small towns and villages dotted around. We enjoyed a holiday where you spend a day or so checking out different parts of the Odenwald Forest area.

Back to Davesut's home page

• Last visit to Land Baden-Württemberg: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Glad you enjoyed your stay in the woods and also Heidelberg Castle. Every summer they put on open-air opera and theatre performances in the castle courtyard -- great atmosphere if the weather is halfway cooperative.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Heidelberg always holds so much culture and history power packed in a small area. You presented this area and the villages around it very well.

• May 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I suddenly would like to go back to Heidelberg. Great tips.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Lovely little page about Baden Württemberg. I guess teh marked walks were "Wanderweg" and not "Wunderweg". :-)

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Good tips Dave. Gotta go to sleep, off to Cape Verde in the morning. All the best!

davesut

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Badges & Stats in Land Baden-Württemberg

Have you been to Land Baden-Württemberg?

Latest Activity in Land Baden-Württemberg