"North Wales Delight" Gwynedd by davesut

Gwynedd Travel Guide: 1,302 reviews and 4,174 photos

Gwynedd is a county in the North West of Wales, home to some spectacular countryside and beautiful beaches. It is a well known area within a few hours drive of the population centres of Manchester, Liverpool, North Staffordshire and West Midlands.

Gwynedd is a large area and my pages would focus on a more distinct area - The Llyn Peninsula if VT allowed but there you go, such is life.

More than two thirds of the population are native Welsh speakers so you certainly feel that you are in Welsh Wales when visiting this area.

This main picture is of the Oriel Gallery in Llanbedrog, one of the most spectacular places that I have stayed in/

This is the bit that I'm talking about. The Llyn Penninsula is the bits that these tips are about.

• Last visit to Gwynedd: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2009

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Sound like some really nice places! Gillybob greetings

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Dave - this is not the first time you have taken me back to scenes of my childhood. Very helpful accommodation Tips -now on the short list for our sibling reunion 2011 for 70th b'day of youngest sis - not me - I'm the senior!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM

David, lovely little page about this Welsh gem. Although I have travelled Wales extensively, I must admit that I haven't heard of Gwynedd before. Oh there is a little typo in one of your tips: it must have been your "30th birthday". *winkygrin*

davesut

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Badges & Stats in Gwynedd

Have you been to Gwynedd?

Latest Activity in Gwynedd