"Arcen - quiet, great food, great hot baths" Arcen by ImkerVS
Arcen Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 57 photos
A quiet town by the Maas River. North of Maastricht, a few kilometers up from Venlo. Friendly people. Wonderful food. Good place to bike and walk. Outstanding for natural thermal baths about a kilometer down the road... six giant pools, three indoor, three outdoor.
Pleasant outdoor bistros overlook the Maas River, it's quiet traffic, it's silent ever moving form.
IArcen is quaint and friendly. A mile of so from the German border.
Almost no Americans come here to visit. Since I speak a bit of Dutch, I was felt to be an extreme exception, a native english speaker, an American, who could actually speak some nederlands!
- Pros:Quiet, the thermal baths, lovely for walking and good food.
- Cons:It's out of the way. We had to take a bus to get there.
- In a nutshell:Well known to the Dutch and Germans, worth a visit
ImkerVS's Related Pages
Arcen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spa / castle gardens / watermill / beer brewery"
- "Castle, Gardens, Beer and Jenever"
- "Arcen, Castle Gardens"
- "Arcen castle gardens"
- "Arcen - quiet, great food, great hot baths"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arcen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Arcen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arcen
Top 5 Pages
- Bergen op Zoom Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Roosendaal Intro, 3 photos
- Arcen Intro, 3 photos
- Unicoi 1 review, 2 photos
- Murphy Intro, 1 review, 2 photos, 1 travelogue