"A peek at the Peaks" Top 5 Page for this destination Peak District National Park by timlloydlangston
Peak District National Park Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 224 photos
A long weekend in January is definitely not enough to do The Peak District Park justice, but I thought it worth passing on some of my findings. I was based at the Waltzing Weasel hotel (see picture) which is just outside Hayfield (roughly halfway between Chapel en le Frith and Glossop). The weather was incredible with clear skies and views across the moors that simply went on forever. On the down side, it was January and the night-time temperatures had the brass monkeys worried! The simple solution was to nab a spot next to the open wood fire and spend the evening toasting our toes and quaffing beer.
Although the weather was great I still didn’t trust it enough to walk up onto the Peak. I don’t have the kit necessary to survive a sudden change in winter weather and would be mortally embarrassed if I had to be brought down by mountain rescue. Hence my tips and comments focus on what to do when not up the hills.
- Pros:wonderful scenery & plenty of pubs
- Cons:you'll not be the only tourist - even in January
- In a nutshell:Huge outdoor playground
Descend into the very bowels of the earth and see where the famous Blue John comes from. There are several cavern trips... more travel advice
At the end of the Sett Valley Trail it is possible to pick up the river walk along the Goyt. To get between the two it... more travel advice
timlloydlangston's Related Pages
Peak District National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ben-UK's Peak District page"
- "Britain's first National Park"
- "The Peak District"
- "Green hills, great halls, grey bold peaks"
- "A peek at the Peaks"
- "jayhawk2000's Edale and the Peak District"
- "Only a brief dalliance............................"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peak District National Park
- Hotels in Peak District National Park
- Transportation in Peak District National Park
- Nightlife in Peak District National Park
- Restaurants in Peak District National Park
- Shopping in Peak District National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Peak District National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peak District National Park
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Peak District National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peak District National Park
Photos in Peak District National ParkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snowdonia Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peak District National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Belfast 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Stourbridge Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Châteaubriant Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- London 6 reviews
- Cheltenham 5 reviews
- Peterborough 2 reviews, 1 photo