"One night in Bangkok" Bangkok by 20011019

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,366 reviews and 23,038 photos

After my travels in India and Nepal. I\ve had the pleasure to have one day in Bangkok! We arrived at about 6 o'clock in the morning, and were leaving at midnight. So plenty of time to explore the city! I didn't like the air at all! Very dirty and it made me sick some times during the day, but didn't stop us from going! Just like in India, Thai people are very nice and friendly, but you have to watch out! Even we (after have read numerous of warnings) almost got scamned!

Every buddha you see is even bigger than the last one, everything is so big and (feels fake) that I didn't feel really comfortable, I didn't have the idea that I could totally enjoy everything the way I could in India

This I liked, look at all the beautiful colors!

• Pros:Very nice buildings, people and food
  • Cons:A lot, lot, lot of tourists and thai people who are aware of that fact!
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful city and too much to see for one day!
  • Last visit to Bangkok: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2007

• Jan 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Avoid Scams from well dressed english speaking Thai's. they take you to gem/jewelery stores were extremely poor quality worthless gems are sold. One place to avoid in particular The Golden Argosy Factory Export Center do a google search on Golden Argosy.

20011019

“Make what you want to happen, HAPPEN”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok