"Arco - in the Shadow of Lago di Garda" Arco by Lacristina
Arco Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 19 photos
Arco lies a few kilometers from Lago di Garda (Garda Lake), which is the main tourist attraction in the region. It sits just north of Riva del Garda, the northern-most of the lakeside tourist towns.
My friend Camilla who grew up summering on the southern end of Lago di Garda was incredulous. "Arco? Why would you go there? There's nothing there."
How about some world-class rock climbing? Or the charming ruins of a castle, perched dramatically on a steep hill? Or paying only 90 euros per day for brand-new, two bedroom apartment, with covered patio and flower garden, lovingly creating from an old farm house?
Actually, most Americans have never even heard of Lago di Garda - Lakes Como and Maggiore seem to get all the press.
(still under construction, patience please)
- Pros:Not on the Lake
- Cons:Not on the Lake
- In a nutshell:A rock climbing paradise, with an Italian lifestyle. What could be better?
Hans-Martin and his wife Gilda, both from Germany, own and operate two "guesthouse" apartments here in Arco. I would... more travel advice
Lacristina's Related Pages
Arco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Few minutes away from the Lago di Garda crowd"
- "Arco - in the Shadow of Lago di Garda"
- "Quiet Village Above Lake Garda"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arco
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Arco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arco
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 79 reviews, 90 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Bomarzo Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- New York City 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Charlotte Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Manarola Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- London 1 review, 4 photos