"Bomarzo – a fairy tale town" Bomarzo by Lacristina
Bomarzo Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 83 photos
If you truly want to get away from it all, and explore a town with a medieval castle and streets that are too narrow for a single fat horse, Bomarzo is the place for you. You can wander the narrow streets of the castle at the top of the town, then head down to the “Parco dei Mostri,” the famous sculpture garden of the “Park of the Monsters.” About 90 minute drive from Rome – but this could be longer depending on where in Rome you are trying to leave from and what time. Via Salaria (on the northeast corner of the city, and the road you would take to get to Bomarzo) can get very jammed. Originally, Bomarzo was Etruscan, then Roman. The medieval castle rises above the "new" part of town.
- Pros:See a real midieval walled town with no tourists!
- Cons:Hard to get to without a car.
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit if Rome has left you exhausted.
My friend Giancarlo, who owns two apartments in the walled castle area, introduced me to these two charming Bomarzians,... more travel advice
This narrow passageway is a street! You can stand in the middle and easily touch both walls. You see what I mean about... more travel advice
Lacristina's Related Pages
Bomarzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bomarzo – a fairy tale town"
- "Parco dei Mostri or Villa of Wonders"
- "The Park of The Medieval Monsters..."
- "The Park of Bomarzo"
- "Bomarzo: Park of the Monsters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bomarzo
- Transportation in Bomarzo
- Warnings and Dangers in Bomarzo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bomarzo
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bomarzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bomarzo
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 79 reviews, 90 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rocky Mountain National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Bomarzo Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- New York City 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Charlotte Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Manarola Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- London 1 review, 4 photos