"Land of thousand lakes" Helsinki by Travellingismylife
Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,705 reviews and 7,549 photos
First, I have to say that Finnish people are very open to strangers. They help me a lot and I say thank you to them! Kiitos! Helsinki is a city without big bulidings. The architecture is beautiful and the atmosphere is calm, but energetic when tourists invade it. All the streets are made of big colored stones. There are tramways(like in San Francisco). Helsinki is also composed with many little islands. When you are at the market, just in front of the principal harbor, you see the Baltic Sea in all its splendor.
This is one of the highest point in Helsinki. When the sky is blue without clouds(like on the picture), the cathedral makes a very nice contrast with it.
This is the Market Square near the harbour. There is many 'open' restaurants where you can taste very good food, even if it's not necessarly Finnish, it's very tasty. There is a lot of tourists in summer. Just in front of the market, you can see the magnificient archepeleago of Helsinki.
The location of Helsinki is great because you can go to many other countries by boat. If you stay for a couple of weeks... more travel advice
I suggest that it's better to walk in the city centre of Helsinki rather than driving. You can have time to admire the... more travel advice
Travellingismylife's Related Pages
Helsinki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home"
- "Helsinki - bears, skaters and religion"
- "Where Slavic charm & Nordic simplicity meet"
- "19/1 Just returned from Helsinki"
- "Helsinki at your service"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helsinki
- Hotels in Helsinki
- Transportation in Helsinki
- Nightlife in Helsinki
- Restaurants in Helsinki
- Shopping in Helsinki
- Warnings and Dangers in Helsinki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helsinki
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Helsinki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helsinki
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Montreal Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porvoo 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Juan 1 review, 1 photo
- Tortola 1 review, 1 photo
- Espoo Intro, 2 photos
- San Salvador Island 1 review, 1 photo