"Welcome" Fisher1969's Profile

Why I use Virtual Tourist

I first logged on in June or July 2003. We had booked our first trip overseas for our family. We had chosen (well the kids had chosen) Rome and Paris. (please see my pages on these destinations).
When I logged on i knew nothing about travelling or in fact other than movie advice nothing about Rome or Paris. I logged on to VT and was amazed at the photographs and the forum seemed to be a great way to ask stupid questions with being really known. So I asked stupid questions and got the kindest and most helpful responses. The responses not only assisted me in planning our trip but it assist me in my confidence to guide my family through two foreign cities. Thankyou to all VT travellers for their advice and encouragement.

Why I check VT everyday

With the help I received I now check VT forum nearly everyday. I love to read peoples questions and if I can give some advice. I dont like to give too much advice because I think half the fun is doing it yourself. But just some money or time saving tips. I never tell people NOT to go somewhere because I didnt like it. People should go where they desire and if it is not the best experience in the world so be it, at least they HAD an experience. Besides if I am honest with you, most of the people I know are sick of hearing about our holiday so forgive me for using VT forum as a memory inducer. In my mind time in Rome is still very much happening. I always take some time to think about the holiday and try to rember the little details. I never want to forget it.

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY ROME PAGE

Please see my Rome page. I am a cumputer gumpy and after several false starts I beleive I might have put together a fairly good few pages. If you are a first time traveler read my pages and see if you can feel my heart beat for Rome still 13 months after my return. Get excited if you can and love all your experiences good or bad. If you need any tips feel free to email me or if you have trouble sleeping ask me to detail my trip from day 1 to the end, by day 5 or six you could get a little sleepy. But hang in there cos if you go you will soon be curing your friends insomnia with the same medicine.

• Intro Written Nov 26, 2004

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!