"Milos through my eyes" Top 5 Page for this destination Milos Island by sinequanon

Milos Island Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 605 photos

My steps took me to the Cycladic island of Milos this August. With the hundreds of caves and clear blue waters, ravishing views and the home of the unique Aphrodite of Milos.

A geologist’s paradise. Different layers of volcanic soil give it an interchanging array of colours. From deep reds to pure whites.

Small welcoming taverns right on the sea offering fresh and tasty Mediterranean fish and empty beaches even in the middle of summer.

Grey herons, a rare phenomenon for a Cycladic island in the summer and perfumed sea lilies on its shores.

But let me take you around and show you Milos through my eyes.

• Pros:beautiful waters-lovely lonely beaches
  • Cons:too many people in August
  • Last visit to Milos Island: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2006

• Oct 21, 2008 at 4:16 AM

One of my fave restaurants on the island. Not the easiest place to get to (opposite side of the bay from Adamas) but well worth the trip. Mrs Sofia cooks 'what she has' from her garden or local fishermen. Good home cooked, simple food.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Great personal tips, here. I too would opt for the free camping.

• Nov 5, 2007 at 8:45 PM

hello gala! long time no see on vt! i hope you are well. i enjoyed this page, great tips. take care! x

• Jun 11, 2007 at 1:19 AM

Spot on Gallardia, hugs to Pepos. Jem. X

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 5:28 AM

Nice page!

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 7:27 AM

Hi Galatea! Please update me of further developments. I know it takes long to create pages that's why most of my pages are bare. Take care! (I love your pics and tips!)

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2006 at 4:29 PM

Wonderful looking spot. Another place to see! Isn't VT great!

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 1:11 PM

I hear it's beautiful there, I'm sure you'll have a great time. I wish I could join you there.

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2006 at 11:35 AM

This looks a lovely place - actually I had never heard of it before reading your pages.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2006 at 7:08 AM

Hi Galatea, you've got some lovely photos and stories on this page. (Please let me know the exact dates of your next Frankfurt visit, so I can see what's playing.)

sinequanon

“no motto at the moment”

Badges & Stats in Milos Island

Have you been to Milos Island?

Latest Activity in Milos Island