"Our trip begins in County Cork" Top 5 Page for this destination County Cork by Jennyjump79

County Cork Travel Guide: 1,265 reviews and 3,401 photos

We spent three nights based in Cork City....and it wasn't nearly enough! You could spend three days in Cork City just browsing through bookshops! We divided our time between day trips outside the city, aforementioned bookshops, and seeking out good pubs with live music. We also did a few touristy-musts, like climbing up the tower and playing Ode to Joy on the bells of Shandon.

Thanks to Steve, my travel partner, for taking all of these pictures with his digital camera. They're pretty close to (if not nicer than) the ones I took with my old-fashioned rolls of film.

• Last visit to County Cork: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 25, 2003

• Rachael71's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 4:56 AM

Great tips. We are plannning a trip to Cork and Cobh in September, we just can't decide how long to stay!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2004 at 12:43 PM

Good sound advice given here nicely presented

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2004 at 2:25 PM

Beautiful page. I like your photos

• Djinn76's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2004 at 12:22 PM

sound more and more like a good holiday destination... I'd make sure to climb Shandon Tower ;-)

• Nov 3, 2003 at 7:26 PM

Wonderful presentation..great pictures..

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2003 at 7:30 PM

I found an amazing amount of natural green spaces on my recent trip to Ireland, too! That creaky climb up the tower, it reminds me of the winding hikes up Paris' ND and Brugge's Belfort...you think you're gonna die but ohhh! the views from the top!!

• Nelie's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2003 at 1:01 AM

Wonderful pictures. I am also skeptical about the swimming sheeps.

Badges & Stats in County Cork

Have you been to County Cork?

Latest Activity in County Cork