"Festival Time in Edinburgh" Edinburgh by Jennyjump79
Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,809 reviews and 8,167 photos
"Did not strong connections draw me elsewhere, I believe Scotland would be the country I would choose to end my days in." --Benjamin Franklin
Five days in Edinburgh went way too fast! Even when I tried to limit myself to three or four events a day, it still didn't leave much time for sightseeing, shopping, eating, whisky-tasting and getting to know the city. I did get to see quite a bit, though-- more than enough to know that I want to go back for a longer stay next August. It took all my willpower on the last day to get on the train and head to our next destination-- after changing the itinerary twice to catch afternoon performances!
- Pros:Beautiful, history-rich city, great nightlife, always something to do, especially during THE FESTIVALS!!
- Cons:No direct flights from the US (at least, not yet)!!
- In a nutshell:You won't want to leave!
I didn't get the chance to go to the top of Calton's Hill, where this monument (as well as a replica of Greek ruins)... more travel advice
As amazing as the castle looks during the day, nothing compares to the way it looks at night, all lit up and overlooking... more travel advice
Jennyjump79's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "EDINBURGH, A PICTURESQUE CITY"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
Photos in EdinburghSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Cork Intro, 36 reviews, 36 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Galway Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Dublin Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Brighton Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ceske Budejovice Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.