"P I L I P I N A S" Philippines by high_d
Philippines Travel Guide: 23,735 reviews and 78,890 photos
JULY 2006 UPDATE: Finally, after quite a while, I had the chance to visit the islands again around late May/early June 2006 BUT the very short couple of weeks only proved that it was not enough, (super BITIN). Not enough time spent with everyone we haven't seen in ages, (didn't even get the chance to meet up with any VT-er). Not enough time to travel to Tagaytay or Boracay. However, in the limited time we were there, I can finally check-off (on my wish list), " to be on a white-sand beach" (Thanks to Capones & Camera Islands in Zambales). That outing was superb! If I had one complaint, it would be the temperature, it was hot and humid, but hello! it's summer in the tropics. Why was I complaining ???Aside from Zambales, just had a couple of day trips to Manila but most of the time were spent at home in Bulacan with family and reconnecting with old friends. The ONLY solution is definitely to be back again very soon...
The country where I was born. At age eight however, our family left the Philippines for life abroad. Since then I have only been back to visit three times. With VT, I have learned much more about the Philippines. Many VTers have excellent Philippine pages. I hope that I can visit many of the places they have featured. Places like Tagaytay, the well-known Boracay Beach to name a few... Of course I would love to explore more of Bulacan (my roots), but most of all to experienced the culture again. I don't have much in my Philippine page as of yet but hope my next trip will bring new memories to share and remember... For now, I hope to share more of that culture...
Salamat po. (Thank you).
PHILIPPINE ~ INFO:
The Philippine archipelago is made up of 7,107 islands
Climate: Has a tropical marine climate dominated by a rainy season and a dry season.
May - October usually has heavy downpours while December to February are cooler and drier. It's usually hot around March to May.
Currency: Philippine Peso
Phone country code: 063
Language: two official languages - Filipino (based on Tagalog) and English; eight major dialects - Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocan, Hiligaynon or Ilonggo, Bicol, Waray, Pampango, and Pangasinense
a little bit of Tagalog phrases:
Mahal kita = I love you
Salamat = Thank you
Halika na = C'mon or Let's go
- Pros:Beaches, warm & friendly people, my birthplace
- Cons:Traffic, humidity
- In a nutshell:A special place in my heart ~ my roots...
Whenever I visit the Phils, I have to have this treat. Ha ha ha...nix that idea you say??? No, it's not actually... more travel advice
I liked this place because of the variety of food they serve. I think they're well-known for their chicken bbq dishes.... more travel advice
high_d's Related Pages
Philippines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Philippines: The Fiesta Islands of Asia"
- "Tierra Adorada, Hija Del Sol De Oriente..."
- "My Country Home"
- "Over 7000 Islands!! Have Fun"
- "Beautiful Philippines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philippines
- Hotels in Philippines
- Transportation in Philippines
- Nightlife in Philippines
- Restaurants in Philippines
- Shopping in Philippines
- Warnings and Dangers in Philippines
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Philippines
- 23 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Philippines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philippines
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: ROME VISIT (Daytrips + Paris)"
- Commented on one of Kisses&Co's Philippines travel pages
- Wrote a Review Eat some "dirty ice cream" in Philippines Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Eat some "dirty ice cream""
- updated a Philippines Travelogue "Prutas ng Pilipinas (Philippine fruits)"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pundaquit Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Woodbridge Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Seattle Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nigeria Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malolos Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (26)
Top Philippines hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Boracay Island Hotels
- 1619 Reviews - 4460 Photos
- Tagaytay Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 863 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 870 Photos
- Cebu City Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 1429 Photos
- Quezon City Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Makati Hotels
- 518 Reviews - 2059 Photos
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- 361 Reviews - 916 Photos
- Pagudpud Hotels
- 412 Reviews - 1111 Photos
- Vigan Hotels
- 417 Reviews - 1221 Photos
- Cebu Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 433 Photos
- Bohol Hotels
- 489 Reviews - 1571 Photos
- Davao Hotels
- 244 Reviews - 803 Photos
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 217 Reviews - 462 Photos