"d e s t i n a t i o n s" high_d's Profile

d e s t i n o...

road tripping:

dreaming of the tropics...

travel...lakbay...viaje...voyage...corsa...viagem...reisen

VT speaks
* updated: more VT-er travel inspirations...

If you only had one place to go to for vacation, for the rest of your life, where is it and why?

BorneoGrrl (Valerie):
"I will have to think of the best place for a vacation but most probably it'll be home in Miri."

asianbelle (Aida):
"a grand tour of RUSSIA... I've always dreamed of walking along Kremlin or posing infront of St. Basil Cathedral in winter, complete with calf-deep snow."

Cielo_Algaeed (Cielo):
"there's no place like home" at para sakin vacation man o mag stay for good PILIPINAS parin ako!"

mavl (Miko):
"either way, i guess my answer is argentina. at the moment, it's next on my list but also because it's very diverse in culture and landscape.then again, so are china, india, and russia, haha."

loisl (Peter):
"I would stay at home, here in Switzerland! Why? We have seasons, spring, summer, fall, winter - and all the different sports and activities which come with that. We have lakes, we have mountains, we have plain land, we have cities and we have rural areas all within 100miles radius."

cokes (Collin):
"I guess if I had to choose I think it would be Indonesia. I guess there is so many islands and if I had to only return to this country I could keep on going to see different parts of it with every visit. I guess the people ,the different cultures and the natural beauty of Indonesia is something that really got my attention and that I love. Aku Cinta Indonesia."

matt10gonzalez (Matthew):
"Honestly, even after going to 20+ countries already, and since I'm coming from the province, I'll pick Manila! I don't smell smog in Manila; I smell thrills, beautiful money (Opportunities) all in this one crazy mega city which I call home!"

cachaseiro (Claus):
"north east brazil. the easiest place in the world to come as a foreigner and feel genuinly welcome right away."

Kisses&Co (Jane):
"US - because I want to visit my relatives and friends there. Norway - because I love to see the snow there! Paris - ooohhh,, they said it's romantic place,eh!"

toni28 (Toni):
"If I get the chance I want to spend my vacation with my family in Greece...It's my dream since I studied tourism, I want to explore the ancient places of this country."

setikeyvan (Sophie):
"I have not found that place yet...but I really love Switzerland - the nature there is to die for. Plus, I was born there and now when I go back for short periods of time, it's a different experience. So I would say Switzerland - for it's nature, it's cleanliness, politness, incredible desserts and humanitarian efforts!"

willy_wonka (Miss Wonky):
"to uzbekistan, because i have had a fascination with the culture for so long, because i am craving to go there, and i love the architecture and history of the silk road. this is my dream."

titabell (Bell):
"My son and I are still stuck on NORWAY. We have travelled to so many countries already, but since i brought him to Norway 9 years ago, he just wouldn't want to leave the place anymore. It's like a yearly pilgrim that we MUST go to Norway! ;-) I think that it is not just the place itself...it is a feeling of 'belonging'---a place where you can rest your heart, a place that doesn't seem to stop you from admiring it day by day...I think it is like LOVE...he he he In my son's case, it was love at first sight."

icunme (Carol):
"ITALY! travelling in northern Italy"

dongix (Denis):
"With no second thoughts it's Italy! It's got everything."

zuriga (June):
"I would choose Provence first, Paris second. I love the warm air, blue skies and food of Provence. I love how I feel when I'm there. I also love other places like Arizona, but for many trips, I'd choose Provence, France."

Dabs (Kristi):
"My 1st inclination was Playa del Carmen Mexico, we go there almost every year and I NEED that break from Chicago's cold winters. Or maybe London since I go there every chance I get. But if I'm allowed to pick a whole country, I'd have to say the United States. We have natural beauty from the Grand Canyon to the Rocky Mountains to coastal ocean beaches. We have big vibrant cities with tons to do and every type of global cuisine you could imagine, small quaint towns to get away, warm places like Hawaii or California to go in the winter."

~to be con't...

I've been away from VT for a while...hopefully soon I can work on updating my pages again...
I've been grounded for so long...sigh...when and where am I off to next? i just hope 2010 is finally a good travel year for me...

• Intro Updated Apr 1, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
high_d's Profile Photo

high_d

“"The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see." ~ G.K. Chesterton”

Real Name