Albuquerque Warnings Or Dangers Tips by JamesABQ Top 5 Page for this destination
Albuquerque Warnings and Dangers: 34 reviews and 24 photos
All it takes is a few minutes of rain for the arroyos to become raging rivers. It doesn't have to be raining where you are either. If you notice the picture, it's dry and not even raining. Your kids could be playing in the arroyo and suddenly be overcome by a rushing river from out of no where.
Sometimes you run into really bad drivers out there, but I guess that's true of any place. Just becareful on the roads. Hate to see people get hurt.
Albuquerque is 5,000 feet above sea level. The Sandia Mountains are 10,300+ feet above sea level. Some people who aren't acustomed to such high altitudes sometimes suffer from altitude sickness when first visiting the city.
Albuquerque is in the middle of the desert. Don't underestimate the desert heat. Many people don't realize the danger the heat poses on their bodies.
More Reviews (50)
- See All Hotel and Casino
- See All Downtown
- See All Colorful Albuquerque
- See All Sandia Mountain
- See All Amtrak
JamesABQ's Related Pages
Albuquerque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of our 50 is missing ......"
- "Albuquerque - Where I Live and What to See and Do"
- "Ever Expanding"
- "Albuquerque, New Mexico"
- "Albuquerque - It's a great place!"
- "Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta-Festival Extraordinaire"
- "A place to celebrate"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albuquerque
- Hotels in Albuquerque
- Transportation in Albuquerque
- Nightlife in Albuquerque
- Restaurants in Albuquerque
- Shopping in Albuquerque
- Warnings and Dangers in Albuquerque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albuquerque
- 54 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Albuquerque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albuquerque
Photos in AlbuquerqueSee All Photos (81)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Intro, 54 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Juárez Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Ordway Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- El Paso Intro, 3 photos
- Santa Fe Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Old Town- 44 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Balloon Fiesta- 33 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Sandia Peak- 27 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Biopark & Zoo- 21 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Volcanoes & Petroglyphs- 16 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Route 66 & Downtown- 13 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Museums- 23 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Views & Vistas- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Route 66: Nob Hill & UNM- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Regional Cultural Centers- 14 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Albuquerque Things to Do