"Jackson & Tennessee's Music Highway" Jackson by noidiotsplease
Jackson Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 5 photos
The stretch of I-40 in Western Tennessee between MEMPHIS (home of the Blues) and NASHVILLE (home of Country Music) is dubbed "The Music Highway." We drove this highway as part of a family road trip back in 2005. Crossing the Mississippi River from Arkansas, motorists are immediately greeted by the riverfront skyline of downtown Memphis. After jogging around the city's sketchy-looking northern side, the urban development begins to taper off to a suburban collection of big box retailers and chain restaurants at Germantown Road, and then sparsely developed open spaces to the northeast of Memphis.
The terrain remains relatively flat for a while, but gradually begins to increase in hilliness near the commercial hub town of Jackson. I-40 skirts the north of Jackson, the largest and most commercial city between Memphis and Nashville. While much of the city is hidden from the highway, motorists will pass its nearby professional baseball stadium, home of the Southern League's Jackson Generals.
Visit my TENNESSEE page.
noidiotsplease's Related Pages
Jackson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bostephenson's Jackson Page"
- "My Town"
- "JACKSON, TN home sweet home"
- "Jackson & Tennessee's Music Highway"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jackson
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jackson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jackson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Intro, 143 reviews, 337 photos, 16 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 72 photos, 6 travelogues
- Atlantic Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Winter Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Pete Beach Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tampa Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jacksonville Beach Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.