"Myrtle Beach, South Carolina" Myrtle Beach by noidiotsplease

Myrtle Beach Travel Guide: 322 reviews and 428 photos

THE CAROLINAS' BIGGEST BEACH RESORT

Twice as a teenager I stayed in Myrtle Beach as the last stop on car trip vacations to places up north. To this day, Myrtle Beach still holds the personal distinction of being the only actual beach resort town I have visited outside of the state of Florida. Of course, being from Jacksonville and having traveled all over Florida, I am very familiar with a lot of great beaches. I remember Myrtle Beach as being kind of like Daytona Beach in that it is very over-the-top touristy with an excess of typical T-shirt and swimwear shops, oceanfront high-rises, mini golf courses and so forth. I hear that in the years since my visits Myrtle Beach has also become more Branson-like, and now even has its own amusement park.

From what I remember it was an O.K. place. I would be curious to visit Myrtle Beach again -- but only as a 1 or 2 day stopover after visiting places up north. Maybe I'm just biased, but If you are looking for one beach to base your entire vacation around, I suggest that you keep driving south through the rest of South Carolina and coastal Georgia to Florida's smorgasboard of sands.

Visit my SOUTH CAROLINA page.

• Last visit to Myrtle Beach: Dec 1991
  • Intro Updated Jun 4, 2013

Comments

noidiotsplease

“Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:6 NLT ”

Badges & Stats in Myrtle Beach

Have you been to Myrtle Beach?

Latest Activity in Myrtle Beach