"~ Oklahoma City ~" Oklahoma City by noidiotsplease
Oklahoma City Travel Guide: 380 reviews and 710 photos
Oklahoma is a bit of an anomaly among Midwest states. Given its location south of Kansas and Nebraska’s breadbasket and north of Texas’ lonely prairies, Oklahoma might sound like just a dull, monotonous landscape of wheat fields and tumbleweeds. In reality, it is the most attractive state through which to bridge the plains between the Rockies and the Appalachians. A drive along I-40 reveals a changing landscape, featuring reddish soil in the west; rolling, green foothills and spur ranges of the Ozarks in the east; and an abundance of trees throughout. We passed length-wise through Oklahoma on the way back from a family road trip to Colorado in 1993. Along the way, we spent the night in Oklahoma City, the state’s capital city and central metropolitan hub.
It has been almost two decades since I visited Oklahoma City and I know that the city has seen some changes. In fact, I was last there prior to the infamous bombing that took place downtown. In downtown, we visited the beautiful, cylindrical, glass-enclosed Myriad Gardens that at the time was surrounded by construction dirt. Then we grabbed lunch in a fairly empty underground mall. Out in the western suburban part of the city, where we stayed at a nice Embassy Suites, we went to a western wear store to get a sense for Oklahoma cowboy fashion. While I didn't really explore much beyond that I got the sense that the city was on the rise and full of potential. I understand that now it has water taxis, an NBA team, and more tourist appeal, so I am curious to visit it again.
Visit my OKLAHOMA page.
noidiotsplease's Related Pages
Oklahoma City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City With An Odd Childhood"
- ""Oklahoma City is mighty pretty""
- "Highlights of OKC"
- "The Renaissance City - Oklahoma City"
- "Oklahoma City"
- "National OKC Memorial and Museum"
- "Oklahoma City Looks Oh So Pretty?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oklahoma City
- Hotels in Oklahoma City
- Transportation in Oklahoma City
- Nightlife in Oklahoma City
- Restaurants in Oklahoma City
- Shopping in Oklahoma City
- Warnings and Dangers in Oklahoma City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oklahoma City
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Oklahoma City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oklahoma City
Photos in Oklahoma CitySee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Intro, 153 reviews, 364 photos, 16 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 72 photos, 6 travelogues
- Atlantic Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Winter Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Pete Beach Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tampa Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jacksonville Beach Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.