"~ Grand Island, Nebraska ~" Grand Island by noidiotsplease
Grand Island Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 54 photos
Located west of Lincoln in the plains of South Central Nebraska, Grand Island is a regional hub town where my mother was born. I spent the night at a hotel in Grand Island in 1991, while on a family road trip to Colorado with my parents and brother. While there, we drove around the town to find the landmarks that were important to my mom’s early childhood: the house where she lived, the elementary school where she attended, and the hospital where she was born. During our tour of the city, I noticed that Grand Island also has a small zoo.
Grand Island is bypassed to the south by Interstate 80. Heading west out of Grand Island, we took I-80 past other principal towns, like Kearney, North Platte, and Ogallala, before reaching the Colorado border. This rural southwestern region of Nebraska is certainly part of the Great Plains, characterized by lots of wide-open fields and farmlands. Contrasting with neighboring Kansas, however, the terrain here is noticeably hillier, and the western part, near Ogallala, even has a few rocky outcrops.
Visit my NEBRASKA page.
noidiotsplease's Related Pages
Grand Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GRAND ISLAND, NEBRASKA"
- "Grand Island campground cabin"
- "~ Grand Island, Nebraska ~"
- "Basaic Grand Island Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Island
- Hotels in Grand Island
- Restaurants in Grand Island
- Shopping in Grand Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Island
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Grand Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Intro, 153 reviews, 364 photos, 16 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 72 photos, 6 travelogues
- Atlantic Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Winter Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Pete Beach Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tampa Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jacksonville Beach Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.