"Rocky Mount & North Carolina's I-95 Corridor" Rocky Mount by HSC123
Rocky Mount Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Let’s face it. Driving I-95 through South and North Carolina is a monotonous experience. I have been through all or parts of this stretch on multiple occasions. The route passes well east of most inland cities and the mountains while passing well west of the coastal destinations; essentially it’s two ribbons of asphalt through the woods. The oddest exception to this generalization is "South of the Border,”a tacky, 1960’s-style roadside motel and attraction run amok located near Dillon, SC.
Aside from Dillon’s diversion, there are a few other principal cities with lodging and restaurants nestled just a few miles off the highway, including Florence (about 30 miles south of Dillon), Fayetteville (about 60 miles north of Dillon), and Rocky Mount (about 80 miles north of Fayetteville). I stayed in a Ramada Inn at Rocky Mount in 1990 while en route to Washington, D.C. on a family vacation, but I remember little other than the pool area.
Visit my NORTH CAROLINA page.
HSC123's Related Pages
Rocky Mount Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rocky Mount, North Carolina, I Call It Home"
- "Rocky Mount & North Carolina's I-95 Corridor"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rocky Mount
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Rocky Mount?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rocky Mount
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Intro, 147 reviews, 374 photos, 16 travelogues
- Atlantic Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 80 photos, 9 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 72 photos, 6 travelogues
- Winter Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Pete Beach Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tampa Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Jacksonville Beach Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue