"Gaston County, North Carolina" McAdenville by noidiotsplease
McAdenville Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Just west of Charlotte on the North Carolina/South Carolina border is suburban Gaston County, home to a string of towns where my wife spent about a year and a half when she was in high school. In July 2005 we spent a day exploring Gaston County in search of her former houses, school, and other local landmarks of importance.
Gaston County is part of the Charlotte Metropolitan Area. Here is a synopsis of the county's main towns:
Gastonia -- the largest city and county seat, Gastonia is largely commercialized and suburban with a mall, numerous shopping centers, big box retailers, national chain restaurants and assorted car dealerships. In other words, it is a typical modern-day metro area suburb. At its core, however, is an old-fashioned downtown consisting of several blocks that show signs of both decay and attempts at revitalization. Downtown Gastonia has potential but seemed pretty deserted and a little dodgy in the middle of a weekday. Gastonia's attractions include a surprising science museum and a pretty park with a creek and footbridge.
Belmont - Driving around town it appears that Belmont is relatively affluent and characterized by interesting old homes.
Cramerton - Cramerton has a tiny town center of small brick buildings and quaint houses. Rising over Cramerton is Cramer Mountain, a gated luxury golf course community with lots of natural beauty.
McAdenville - The tiny town of McAdenville is nicknamed "Christmas Town" during the holiday season. That's when the red brick buildings lining its streets are transformed into a fantastic twinkling light display so popular that it attracts drive-through tourists from far and wide.
noidiotsplease's Related Pages
McAdenville Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in McAdenville
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to McAdenville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in McAdenville
Photos in McAdenvilleSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Intro, 153 reviews, 364 photos, 16 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 72 photos, 6 travelogues
- Atlantic Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Winter Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Pete Beach Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- Tampa Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jacksonville Beach Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.