"Tifton, Georgia" Tifton by noidiotsplease
Tifton Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 34 photos
The city of Tifton is located about 60 miles north of the Florida state line in Tift County, Georgia. Despite only having around 15,000 residents, Tifton gives the impression of someplace much larger, complete with sound walls lining parts of its six-lane stretch of Interstate 75. Many commercial buildings are also visible from the highway here. According to several signs, Tifton is also home to the Georgia Agrirama.
Interstate 75 is the major highway linking Florida to ATLANTA. Traveling north, the landscape remains primarily rural but changes from relatively flat terrain dotted with pecan and peanut farms in the south to the wooded foothills of the lower Appalachains farther north. Along the way, the road -- which is surprisingly six lanes wide in many stretches -- passes through many small towns before reaching MACON, a medium-sized city located 84 miles south of Atlanta. The most commercially developed of these towns are VALDOSTA, Tifton, and CORDELE.
Visit my GEORGIA page.
noidiotsplease's Related Pages
Tifton Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Tifton
- Hotels in Tifton
- Restaurants in Tifton
- Warnings and Dangers in Tifton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tifton
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Tifton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tifton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Intro, 153 reviews, 364 photos, 16 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 72 photos, 6 travelogues
- Atlantic Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Winter Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Pete Beach Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- Tampa Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jacksonville Beach Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.