"The Northeastern Colorado Prairies" Sterling by noidiotsplease
Sterling Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 13 photos
In northeastern Colorado, Interstates 67 and 70 pass through desolate plains that look more characteristic of neighboring Nebraska and Kansas. I have entered the state via both highways in 1991 and 1993, respectively. The most common sights in these parts are gently rolling hills and grassland expanses sprinkled with cows.
I-67 angles southwestward from Nebraska. It enters the northeastern corner of Colorado and rolls past the town of Sterling on a course for DENVER. We actually left this highway before reaching Denver, instead cutting over to GREELEY, where my uncle lives. Further south, I-70 is a pretty straight east-west shot between Kansas and Denver. This highway passes the lonely town of Limon along the way. Eventually, while heading west on I-70, what appears to be low, white clouds come into view on the horizon. These are actually not clouds though; they are the snow-capped peaks of the Rockies, signaling to weary drivers that the monotonous terrain is about to experience an abrupt change. Further west, as the mountains continue to become more visible, another sight appears on the horizon: the comparatively tiny skyscrapers of Denver, dwarfed by the snow-capped peaks behind them.
Visit my COLORADO page.
noidiotsplease's Related Pages
Sterling Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the heart of the high plains"
- "The Northeastern Colorado Prairies"
- "Basaic Sterling Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sterling
- Hotels in Sterling
- Restaurants in Sterling
- Warnings and Dangers in Sterling
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sterling
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Sterling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sterling
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacksonville Intro, 153 reviews, 364 photos, 16 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 72 photos, 6 travelogues
- Atlantic Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Winter Haven Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Pete Beach Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- Tampa Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Clearwater Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jacksonville Beach Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Sterling hotel reviews
- Best Western Sundowner (125 Overland Trail Street )
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013