"~ Pine Bluff, Arkansas ~" Pine Bluff by noidiotsplease

Pine Bluff Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 14 photos

A strange memory from my teen years

I spent the night in Pine Bluff, Arkansas as a teenager while traveling back home from Colorado to Florida. From what I remember, the town (at least the part I saw) was not very inviting in appearance; however, we found a surprisingly nice hotel there called the Wilson Inn. It had an indoor pool and large beds. Interestingly enough, we were walking around the parking lot of this hotel when we spied some very official-looking black cars parked there, one sporting an "Arkansas-1" license plate. Now, putting this into context, Pine Bluff is within a short reach of the capital city of Little Rock, and I believe the year was 1991. A certain former President famous for some past indiscretions would have been governor of Arkansas at that time. Could that have been him? I guess I'll never know for sure.

After staying the night in Pine Bluff, we left early in the morning, under the cover of darkness, continuing on US Route 65. While US 65 is also Interstate 530 between Little Rock and Pine Bluff, it proceeds as a non-expressway style highway beyond Pine Bluff. The route arcs southeast, going through Dumas and other tiny towns on a trek toward the northeastern corner of Louisiana. I don't remember much about this stretch, considering it was dark, but somewhere along this route I believe we passed the bright lights of some kind of refinery or power plant.

Visit my ARKANSAS page.

• Last visit to Pine Bluff: Dec 1990
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2010

Comments

noidiotsplease

“Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:6 NLT ”

Badges & Stats in Pine Bluff

Have you been to Pine Bluff?

Latest Activity in Pine Bluff