"Strawberry Mountain Wilderness Area" Prairie City by niamey00
Prairie City Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
Another one of Oregon's hidden treasures is the Strawberry Mountain wilderness area, located about twenty miles south of Praire City in Grant county. It is a very small area, yet it contains easily accessible alpine lakes, waterfalls, and peaks over 9000 feet tall. There are many day hike possibilities, as well as longer backpack trips.
The trail to Strawberry Lake is an easy but stedily uphill mile and a half to two miles. The hillsides are covered with huckleberry bushes, the delicious berries ripen in late July or August
Beyond Strawberry Lake, the trail forks and you have several choices. You can continue on another mile or so to Little Strawberry lake set in a pretty cirque at the base of the mountains, or you can conquer Strawberry Mountain, at over 9000 feet, one of the top ten mountain peaks in Oregon.
niamey00's Related Pages
Prairie City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PRAIRIE CITY - GATEWAY TO THE STRAWBERRY MOUNTAINS"
- "Strawberry Mountain Wilderness Area"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prairie City
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Prairie City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prairie City
Photos in Prairie CitySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 29 photos
- Niamey Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Abomey 4 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jaunpils Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.