"Livonian Order Castle town" Jaunpils by niamey00
Jaunpils Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 21 photos
Jaunpils is located about 35 kilometers south of Tukums. The town's claim to fame is the Livonian Order castle, built in 1301, destroyed by the Swedes in 1625, and rebuilt by the Soviets, who used it as a stallion farm, and later as an experimental cattle breeding station.
Today you will find a small museum, a hotel, and restaurant within the walls of the castle.
It is a pleasant town to stroll around. Not too much to do, but in beautiful, serene surroundings.
The castle was built in 1301 as a fortress for the Knights of the Livonian Order. It was built to defend Livonia's... more travel advice
Very dark cosy medieval-style restaurant in the Jaunpils Castle. Nothing fancy on the menu, but it is good, fresh, and... more travel advice
niamey00's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Jaunpils
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Jaunpils?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaunpils
Photos in JaunpilsSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 29 photos
- Niamey Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Abomey 4 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jaunpils Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.