"A great market to get a real "feel" for Niger life" Torodi by niamey00
Torodi Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
Torodi, about 70 kilometers from Niamey on the road to Burkina, was one of our most memorable market experiences in our three years in Niger. Our friend Bio helped a lot in that he translated for us an explained what was going on, if he knew! The people in the market are very friendly, absolutely no hassles beyond the stares, and there are interesting things happening around every corner. Donkeys, camels, and cows for sale, next to woven goods, next to a women selling belly beads, around the corner from the fabric sellers: just an amazing variety of things happening. Watch out for the dentist. He's the guy with a calabash full of pulled teeth and a pair of pliers he clicks together to identify his services!
If you want to take a ride on a camel, you could probably haggle with one of the owners at the camel market area. Be prepared for a long, difficult bargaining session though! They don't give away camel rides!
niamey00's Related Pages
Torodi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great market to get a real "feel" for Niger life"
- Create a Torodi Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torodi
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Torodi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torodi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 29 photos
- Niamey Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Abomey 4 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jaunpils Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.