"Welcome to Phimai!" Phimai by niamey00
Phimai Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 253 photos
We didn't mean to come here. Really. We were on our way to Pak Chong anh Khao Yai National Park, but somehow we ended up here. Well, looking back on it now, it's easy to see how it happened. We got on a bus in Bangkok, heading to Pak Chong. We thought that is where it ended. We accepted the sleeping powder laced drinks that they always seem to give you when you get on a Thai bus, and we were out. Hours later, we wake up at a bus station. It doesn't feel like the right place. There are no signs in English to tell us where we are. It is dark, and no one seems to speak English. Finally, we go to the information desk to ask sheepishly, "Where are we?" We find out we are in Nakhon Ratchasima. OK. Where's that? We look in our handy-dandy LP Bible to find someplace to stay the night. That taken care of, we hit the pillows, woke up in the morning to find out what we could do here. A couple of Dutch guys were staying at the same place, and they said they were heading to Phimai. Sounded good to us, so off we went.
For more about Nakhon, go here.
The ruins at Phimai are well worth going to. Very interesting spot. For more information, click here.
After a day in Phimai, we did make it to Pak Chong and Khao Yai National Park. We spent a full day in the park. Our guide got us lost in the jungle. What was supposed to be a short one hour walk ended up being a four hour death march through leach- and spider- infested terrain. This is Melisa as we finished the march. She doesn't look to bad.
niamey00's Related Pages
Phimai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Phimai - the ancient city"
- "Wonderful Khmar Ruins"
- "Phimai District"
- "Phimai Historic Park"
- "Welcome to Phimai!"
- "Lost Temples - well we couldn't find them!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phimai
- Hotels in Phimai
- Transportation in Phimai
- Restaurants in Phimai
- Shopping in Phimai
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Phimai
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Phimai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phimai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 43 reviews, 29 photos
- Niamey Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lalibela Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Chaco Canyon National Monument Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Abomey 4 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jaunpils Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benin Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.