"BOVEC IN SLOVENIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec by songlines

Bovec Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 233 photos

BOVEC A SPECIAL PLACE
BOVEC SURROUNDED BY THE JULIAN ALPS

Bovec, pronounced 'Bovits', is a lovely place to spend some time. I found the mountains especially very impressive. It lies in a wide flat plain which is situated at the place where the Soca (pronounced socha) and the Koritnica valleys meet.
The mountains that surround Bovec are Kanin which is 2587m high and is my favourite, you can get to near the top by cable car and the view is magnificant! There is also Rombon which is 2208m high and Bavski Grintavec 2347m, everywhere you look around you, you see high peaks, at the time I was there they were mostly white with snow.
There is the river Soca which is coloured an emerald green, I have several photos of it in one of my Bovec travellogues.

By cable car up mount Kanin

From this mountain I was supposed to have had the pleasure of gliding down to the valley, but the wind was not right while I was there so this time it did not happen. The view is magnificent up there, you can go skying or have some food and take in all the views. The cable car ride is something else, at first you go flat enough but then it is vertical up the mountain, a real nice thing to do when visiting Bovec, I would recommend it to everyone.

• Pros:This is a most amazing valley, beautiful, and the mountains magestic and friendly
  • Cons:No cons whatsoever
  • In a nutshell:I found the mountains here very grounding, almost comforting.
  • Last visit to Bovec: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 6, 2007

• Dec 19, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Thank you for sharing, we are MOST impressed with this valley. The making of Chronicals of Narnia was there a few years ago, and we love the views we saw in the movie. I have it on my list of places to travel to.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Loved our visit to Slovenia a few yrs back - yr pg here shows another lovely spot we missed!A Slovenian I met in Morocco came to stay with me in London and gave me a beehive end as a gift-so its fab to see yr tip here about them!

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Awww looking at these pages makes me really home-sick.... looks just like Austria ---- lovely alpine flora!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Looks like Slovenia is really beautiful. I've been looking at all your photographs. That easter desert sounds really delicious :))

• Mikio's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Thanks for sharing beutiful pics from Bovec. Love them all!

songlines

“To move and see and meet and taste is to live, to enjoy.”

Badges & Stats in Bovec