"BOVEC IN SLOVENIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec by songlines
Bovec Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 233 photos
Bovec, pronounced 'Bovits', is a lovely place to spend some time. I found the mountains especially very impressive. It lies in a wide flat plain which is situated at the place where the Soca (pronounced socha) and the Koritnica valleys meet.
The mountains that surround Bovec are Kanin which is 2587m high and is my favourite, you can get to near the top by cable car and the view is magnificant! There is also Rombon which is 2208m high and Bavski Grintavec 2347m, everywhere you look around you, you see high peaks, at the time I was there they were mostly white with snow.
There is the river Soca which is coloured an emerald green, I have several photos of it in one of my Bovec travellogues.
From this mountain I was supposed to have had the pleasure of gliding down to the valley, but the wind was not right while I was there so this time it did not happen. The view is magnificent up there, you can go skying or have some food and take in all the views. The cable car ride is something else, at first you go flat enough but then it is vertical up the mountain, a real nice thing to do when visiting Bovec, I would recommend it to everyone.
- Pros:This is a most amazing valley, beautiful, and the mountains magestic and friendly
- Cons:No cons whatsoever
- In a nutshell:I found the mountains here very grounding, almost comforting.
In Bovec people make a special treat for Easter time, this is a desert made with a fine pastry and filled with a special... more travel advice
songlines' Related Pages
Bovec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Poletna šola Bovec 2005"
- "B O V E C - my favourite place in Slovenia"
- "BOVEC IN SLOVENIA"
- "VT White Water Rafting in Slovenia"
- "BOVEC - ADVENTURE AMIDST HISTORY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bovec
- 3 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bovec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bovec
Top 10 Pages
- Glengarriff Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Naxos Island Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tiruvannamalai Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- County Cork Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Skibbereen Intro, 3 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues