"A visit to Lier, the town my ancestors lived in" Lier by songlines
Lier Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 447 photos
This is the Zimmer Toren, named after Zimmer who originally came from Germany and built the tower, he was a watchmaker and fancied making a tower where each of the four clocks had a different time of the world set to it. The four sides of the tower each have a clock-face. It is well worth a visit when you are in Lier and it is one of the main popular things to go and see in the town.
This is the market place of Lier. At the moment being used partly as parking, the colourful objects are actually in plastic and they are to make a boundary, a lot of people have objected to them, but there you are, I think it makes the market place even more colourful. I sat down and had a traditional meal there in one of the many restaurants, one called "Het Belford", I enjoyed the good Belgian fare and was able to watch the people go by which I enjoyed. If it had been summer, I would have been sitting outside as all these restaurants have a lot of seating outside.
Personally I don't know much about this gate, just that it has been around for a long time. I mean to find out more though so come back to check it out if you like.
- Pros:A very beautiful old-time small town in Antwerp
- Cons:No cons at all
- In a nutshell:I have enjoyed my visit very much and I will return, also learn a little more about its history
songlines' Related Pages
Lier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lier ... a hidden gem"
- "Lier - my hometown, my love, ma belle"
- "Smallest but brightest diamant in Belgian crown"
- "Lier: culture, history and beer"
- "Lier, Schoon Lier"
- "Historical town at the Nete river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lier
- Hotels in Lier
- Transportation in Lier
- Nightlife in Lier
- Restaurants in Lier
- Shopping in Lier
- Warnings and Dangers in Lier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lier
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lier
- Posted in Travel Cambridge Forum "Re: Kings College Choir ~ Thank..."
- Commented on one of Maeve_81's Lier travel pages
- created a Lier Travelogue "More photos of Lier in Belgium"
- Uploaded a Photo to "More photos of Lier in Belgium"
- Wrote a Review A so typical real Belgian restaurant in Lier Restaurants
Photos in LierSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Naxos Island Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tiruvannamalai Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- County Cork Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Glengarriff Intro, 6 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 7 travelogues
- Skibbereen Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- State of Andhra Pradesh Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues