"BALTIMORE" Baltimore by songlines
Baltimore Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 44 photos
Baltimore is only 8 miles from Skibbereen. It is a little seaport and a thriving tourist mecca, it is also the base for the ferry to Sherkin Island and to Cape Clear. In the summer many yachts and boats moor there and there is a pleasant holiday atmosphere. The sea activities also extend to Dinghy sailing, pleasure boating, bird watching, deep-sea fishing and diving. It is a great place to go for a pint on a summers evening and listen to some Irish music.
There is also the Beacon which is a white painted pillar which can be seen out to sea from a long distance and of course has something to do with the sailors.
Way back in history Baltimore was sacked by the Algerians believe it or not, this is how the town of Skibbereen got started and developed, because the people of Baltimore were fed up of always being invaded and they started to more further up the river Illen and so Skibbereen came into being.
Old Court in just outside Skibbereen town and it is on the road to Baltimore so you come across this boat yard on your way to Baltimore. It is always a colourful place.
- Pros:A WONDERFUL AND LIVELY PLACE IN SUMMER
- Cons:MAYBE SOMETIMES TOO BUSY
- In a nutshell:THIS IS A SMALL BUT COLOURFUL AND LIVELY HARBOUR
songlines' Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two guys from Baltimore, Md in Baltimore, Ireland"
- "BALTIMORE CHARMING SMALL VILLAGE"
- "Baltimore, County Cork."
- "Dún na Séad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Glengarriff Intro, 9 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Naxos Island Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Skibbereen Intro, 5 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- County Cork Intro, 4 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tiruvannamalai Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 7 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos