"Bantry" Bantry by songlines

Bantry Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 32 photos

Bantry - West Cork

Bantry Market is held every Friday in the quare of Bantry, a seaside town in West Cork. On the first Friday of every month there is an even bigger market held. People from all over West Cork come and display their wares, be it home-made produce or crafts, clothing, footware, tools etc... also there are a few people who do a car booth sale, selling off all their unwanted items, you can come across anything here! I have seen a good selection of herb plants for sale, also vegetables, lovely foods like olives from the Mediteranian. I always enjoy this market as it attracts a lot of people and the atmosphere is lively and fun! It is extra nice when the sun shines of course.
PLEASE SEE MY BANTRY MARKET TRAVELOGUE TO LOOK AT MORE PHOTOS OF THE MARKET DAY%*

• Pros:Bantry is a thriving, busy seaside town in West Cork
  • Cons:Still not enough parking I suppose!
  • In a nutshell:Bantry is ever changing and growing, nice place to work in!
  • Intro Updated Nov 7, 2006

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Bantry seems a busy little place I do love markets and could potter around here for ages :( most surpirsed to read you can buy puppies & kittens here too!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Visiting Ireland in May, think I should at Bantry to our itenerary ;-)

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 5:30 PM

I'll be looking forward tot he festival next year and now thati know somebodyin the area, will definitely go. Lovely page. :)

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2006 at 12:03 PM

I'm sure I'd enjoy both the market and the literary festival. Hope you add a picture of Bantry House. What is spelt bread?

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 1:46 PM

I love going to markets, especially when i'm abroad. The fascinating world of flavours and smells, products that often are completely unknown to me - it all gives me a thrill.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 1:35 PM

To market, to market. Ahh, one day I'll get to Ireland. Amazingly, I've actually heard of Bantry Bay.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2006 at 5:04 AM

Ha,ha, "Spend the day at the Market" became reality for me some years ago, when I parked my motorhome at thursday night in this square and woke up the next day, standing in the very centre of all activities ! ...I saw lots of smiling faces that day ;-)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2006 at 11:29 AM

I have never been in this area but should imagine its very beautiful

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 11:26 PM

Lovely market pics! Thankyou for your kind words! Have a nice weekend! Ulrike

songlines Visits Here Frequently!

songlines

“To move and see and meet and taste is to live, to enjoy.”

Badges & Stats in Bantry