"TAMIL NADU" Tiruvannamalai by songlines
Tiruvannamalai Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 87 photos
The peace in this place is something else, yet it is so full of people!
If you go to this Ashram don't forget to climb Arunachala, the beautiful holy mountain, it is easy to see from all around Tiruvannamalai area.
Climbing up to Skanashram halfway up the mountain was for me a wonderful experience, very peaceful and also the trees, plants, flowers, birds and butterflies, the peace was out of this world.
A Sadhu walking along the Chengham Road. I took this photo during the Deepam Festival week when thousands of people arrive in Tiruvannamalai to celebrate, they walk the road around the Holy Mountain, Arunachalla. It was a wonderful time to take part in such a festival.
I remember we were on this road driving in a rickshaw and we had to pass the ox and cart, the men made a big effort to go to the side of the road, it was a wonderful photo opportunity which I did not want to refuse. Some of these oxes have the horns painted blue, I was told that this was to be able to recognise them as being from a certain farmer.
I HAVE MANY MORE PHOTOS OF TIRUVANNAMALAI IN MY TRAVELOGUES, WELCOME TO VISIT.
- Pros:It was Home from home for me.
- Cons:It took a while to get used to the heat.
- In a nutshell:Can't wait to go back there.
This is my impression of shopping in various shops in Tiruvannamalai, a pure delight. "I have been very busy the last... more travel advice
I took this photo around 7 in the morning when there was already a lot of activity around the great Arunachaleswar... more travel advice
songlines' Related Pages
Tiruvannamalai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAMIL NADU"
- "Tiruvannamalai: - Sri Arunachala IS Lord Siva"
- "Where Gods Prayed"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiruvannamalai
- Hotels in Tiruvannamalai
- Restaurants in Tiruvannamalai
- Shopping in Tiruvannamalai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiruvannamalai
- 6 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tiruvannamalai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiruvannamalai
Photos in TiruvannamalaiSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Glengarriff Intro, 9 reviews, 68 photos, 6 travelogues
- Naxos Island Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Skibbereen Intro, 5 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- County Cork Intro, 4 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tiruvannamalai Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 7 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos