"WELCOME EVERYONE TO MY HOMEPAGE" songlines's Profile

RECENT VISIT TO CENTRAL PORTUGAL

WELCOME MY DEAR FRIENDS AND VISITORS TO MY VT SITE, II HOPE THAT YOU MAY ENJOY MY STORIES OF TRAVEL, OF PEOPLE AND CULTURES FAR AWAY AND CLOSE, OF DIFFERENT CULTURES, AND THE COLOURFUL WAYS OF PEOPLE ALL OVER THE GLOBE IN AS FAR AS THAT HAS BEEN POSSIBLE FOR MEcb%

I recently found this poem on the web and I liked it very much.
A Journey worth Taking

Antonio Muchado y Ruiz, one of the Spanish poets of the famous "Generation of 1898" wrote a beautiful poem about one making the road as one travels...

Caminante
Caminante, son tus huellas
el camino, y nada mas;
Caminante, no hay camino;
se hace el camino al andar.
Al andar se hace camino
Y al volver la vista atras
se ve la senda que nunca
se ha de volver a pisar.
Caminante, no hay camino,
si no estelas en la mar.

Traveler, traveler, your footprints are
the road and nothing more.
Traveler, there is no road;
the road is made as you travel.
Travelling, the road is made,
and as you turn to look back
you can see the path that
shall not be walked on again.
Traveler, there is no road,
only a trail in the sea..

FOUR MONTHS IN SOUTH INDIA

DURING THE WINTER OF 9/10 I HAD AN AMAZING STAY IN S.INDIA.
I MADE MANY MANY PHOTOS BUT THE NICEST PHOTOS OF ALL ARE THE ONES THAT I DID NOT TAKE, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN MY MIND AS THE MOMENT WAS TOO PRECIOUS TO BE DISTURBED BY A CAMERA. I WILL TREASURE THESE PICS FOREVER.

FINALLY I HAVE FOUND SOME TIME TO START BUILDING PAGES OF MY VISIT.
IT WILL BE AN ONGOING EFFORT FOR A WHILE.
YOU CAN FIND MY FIRST INTRO AND TRAVELLOGUE, ALSO TIPS AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS.

INTRODUCTION TO ANDHRA PRADESH]
DRIVING FROM TAMIL NADU TO ANDHRA PRADESH
THE BEAUTIFUL VILLAGE OF SATYAVEDU

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THAT TO TRAVEL IS TO CONNECT WITH SO MANY BEAUTIFUL SOULS, A VERY ENRICHING EXPERIENCE INDEED.
THANK YOU TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS AND THE PEOPLE THAT I MET IN RECENT WEEKS.

"To those who have not realised, the world is confined to the space it occupies. To those who have, it is the limitless substratum of the world."

Verse 18 of the "Forty Verses on Reality" by Ramana Maharshi

VISITING NEW ENGLAND

June this year saw me travelling up to Boston and the New England area, a first visit to America! I was to meet up with fellow a VTer, it turned out to be a fantastic meeting and journey! What a wonderful companion to share the great sights of Boston, and finally a parting.

But the whole trip has been so wonderful, such a great memory! I was so impressed with this part of America that I'd like to visit it again and see more of it's sights. I was so impressed with the people that we came across, very friendly folks.
PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO VISIT MY TRAVELLOGUES:
BOSTON
CONCORD
OLD LYME

(I'm adding to all the travellogues daily)

BEAUTIFUL, LUSH AND GREEN BEARA PENNINSULA

A lovely drive is from Lauragh towards the Healy Pass going from Co Kerry into Co Cork. The scenery is out of this world, the road is not for the faint hearted, full of hairpin bends it weaves its way through the mountain pass and down again towards Adrigole way. A real must if you are in this part of the world*

MY JOURNEY TO SLOVENIA

I am very happy to be able to share some photos of my most recent travel destination which was Slovenia, Bovec and surrounding area and also a visit to Ljubljana. I found it very beautiful and I was very impressed with the mountains. The people also I have found to be very pleasant and cultured. Ljubljana was a terrific city, great architecture and cozy town living. A country I will be back to in the future I'm sure.

ANCIENT COPPER MINES AT BALLYDEHOB

These are some of the stones in my collection, I picked them up at a dissused copper mine in Ballydehob, West Cork. It is ordinary quartz and copper ore. There are more copper mines in West Cork, at Allehies on the Beara Pennisula, check out this website:http://www.minex.ie/Mining/Historical.htm
and also on Mount Gabriel which is near Ballydehob.
The rocks around West Cork are maily quartz and slate.

In Connemara, West of Ireland you find a nice green marble and over in Northern Ireland at the Giants Causeway you find black basalt. Check out this website: http://www.giantscausewayofficialguide.com/geology.htm

Other than that I have at times found lovely quarts crystals here in West Cork.

For people interested in geology there is lots to see and find in Ireland to interest them.

During May I took part in a walking tour of Naxos

TO SEE MORE PHOTOS OF MY JOURNEY, PLEASE VISIT MY NAXOS ISLAND TRAVELPAGES, ENJOY OR GO TO MY EXTERNAL PAGE WHERE YOU CAN VIEW ALL MY NAXOS AND ATHENS PHOTOS

TRANQUILITY OF AUTUMN

Autumn in County Cork! I took this picture one evening when the sun was almost setting some weeks ago. It is the old disused railway bridge in Ballydehob.

• Intro Updated Dec 15, 2014

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    10 hours ago

I'll be enjoying some yummy cherries today. Australia has lots of orchards and this year they are very cheap to buy. Merry Christmas!

8 hours ago

Oh Wow yes lovely, cherries are very tasty, and lovely colour! enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

• LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo
      1 hours ago

Butting in too -- Albert, you are blessed with an amazing abundance of my favorite fruit. I'm afraid I couldn't stop at one!

• LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo
    14 hours ago

Happy Holidays, Agnes! Wishing you a New Year of peace and joy. Your rich red cherries look scrumptious! Yum, cherries are my favorite fruit.

11 hours ago

Thank you Leslie, and Wishing you love and peace, warmth, and blessings at Christmas time.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Nice page....I love Ireland and have been many times

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Thank you for your kind comment, yes Ireland is a beautiful country, glad you like it so much.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Thanks for your nice comment on my travelogue about Marieke and Jacques Brel.

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Great profile page

Dec 2, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Thank you very much David, and glad you enjoyed. It's very overdue to spend some quality time updating my VTpages.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Belated very happy birthday dear Agnes!!

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2014 at 5:17 AM

Agnes, as soon as I've sorted all those new photos and written all those new reviews, I'm definitely spending some time with your pages. Ireland is on our Bucket List!

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:32 AM

That's great Kate, I've much more to put on about Ireland too, am busy sorting.

• nizash22's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2014 at 1:41 AM

many many happu teturns of the day i wish my friend

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Happy Birthday Agnes! God Bless you!

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Thank you Goutam for your kind wishes, always enjoy your travel pages.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Breithl√° sona!

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Thank you Dao, and I just read through your profile page which I found interesting and full of humour, great one!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
songlines's Profile Photo

songlines

“To move and see and meet and taste is to live, to enjoy.”

Real Name