"WELCOME EVERYONE TO MY HOMEPAGE" songlines's Profile

RECENT VISIT TO CENTRAL PORTUGAL

WELCOME MY DEAR FRIENDS AND VISITORS TO MY VT SITE, II HOPE THAT YOU MAY ENJOY MY STORIES OF TRAVEL, OF PEOPLE AND CULTURES FAR AWAY AND CLOSE, OF DIFFERENT CULTURES, AND THE COLOURFUL WAYS OF PEOPLE ALL OVER THE GLOBE IN AS FAR AS THAT HAS BEEN POSSIBLE FOR MEcb%

I recently found this poem on the web and I liked it very much.
A Journey worth Taking

Antonio Muchado y Ruiz, one of the Spanish poets of the famous "Generation of 1898" wrote a beautiful poem about one making the road as one travels...

Caminante
Caminante, son tus huellas
el camino, y nada mas;
Caminante, no hay camino;
se hace el camino al andar.
Al andar se hace camino
Y al volver la vista atras
se ve la senda que nunca
se ha de volver a pisar.
Caminante, no hay camino,
si no estelas en la mar.

Traveler, traveler, your footprints are
the road and nothing more.
Traveler, there is no road;
the road is made as you travel.
Travelling, the road is made,
and as you turn to look back
you can see the path that
shall not be walked on again.
Traveler, there is no road,
only a trail in the sea..

FOUR MONTHS IN SOUTH INDIA

DURING THE WINTER OF 9/10 I HAD AN AMAZING STAY IN S.INDIA.
I MADE MANY MANY PHOTOS BUT THE NICEST PHOTOS OF ALL ARE THE ONES THAT I DID NOT TAKE, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN MY MIND AS THE MOMENT WAS TOO PRECIOUS TO BE DISTURBED BY A CAMERA. I WILL TREASURE THESE PICS FOREVER.

FINALLY I HAVE FOUND SOME TIME TO START BUILDING PAGES OF MY VISIT.
IT WILL BE AN ONGOING EFFORT FOR A WHILE.
YOU CAN FIND MY FIRST INTRO AND TRAVELLOGUE, ALSO TIPS AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS.

INTRODUCTION TO ANDHRA PRADESH]
DRIVING FROM TAMIL NADU TO ANDHRA PRADESH
THE BEAUTIFUL VILLAGE OF SATYAVEDU

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THAT TO TRAVEL IS TO CONNECT WITH SO MANY BEAUTIFUL SOULS, A VERY ENRICHING EXPERIENCE INDEED.
THANK YOU TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS AND THE PEOPLE THAT I MET IN RECENT WEEKS.

"To those who have not realised, the world is confined to the space it occupies. To those who have, it is the limitless substratum of the world."

Verse 18 of the "Forty Verses on Reality" by Ramana Maharshi

VISITING NEW ENGLAND

June this year saw me travelling up to Boston and the New England area, a first visit to America! I was to meet up with fellow VTer Mikio, who was to fly in from Hawaii, we had "met" via the VT pages, over a year ago! It turned out to be a fantastic meeting and journey! What a wonderful companion to share the great sights of Boston, and finally a parting.

But the whole trip has been so wonderful, such a great memory! I was so impressed with this part of America that I'd like to visit it again and see more of it's sights. I was so impressed with the people that we came across, very friendly folks.
PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO VISIT MY TRAVELLOGUES:
BOSTON
CONCORD
OLD LYME

(I'm adding to all the travellogues daily)

BEAUTIFUL, LUSH AND GREEN BEARA PENNINSULA

A lovely drive is from Lauragh towards the Healy Pass going from Co Kerry into Co Cork. The scenery is out of this world, the road is not for the faint hearted, full of hairpin bends it weaves its way through the mountain pass and down again towards Adrigole way. A real must if you are in this part of the world*

MY JOURNEY TO SLOVENIA

I am very happy to be able to share some photos of my most recent travel destination which was Slovenia, Bovec and surrounding area and also a visit to Ljubljana. I found it very beautiful and I was very impressed with the mountains. The people also I have found to be very pleasant and cultured. Ljubljana was a terrific city, great architecture and cozy town living. A country I will be back to in the future I'm sure.

ANCIENT COPPER MINES AT BALLYDEHOB

These are some of the stones in my collection, I picked them up at a dissused copper mine in Ballydehob, West Cork. It is ordinary quartz and copper ore. There are more copper mines in West Cork, at Allehies on the Beara Pennisula, check out this website:http://www.minex.ie/Mining/Historical.htm
and also on Mount Gabriel which is near Ballydehob.
The rocks around West Cork are maily quartz and slate.

In Connemara, West of Ireland you find a nice green marble and over in Northern Ireland at the Giants Causeway you find black basalt. Check out this website: http://www.giantscausewayofficialguide.com/geology.htm

Other than that I have at times found lovely quarts crystals here in West Cork.

For people interested in geology there is lots to see and find in Ireland to interest them.

During May I took part in a walking tour of Naxos

TO SEE MORE PHOTOS OF MY JOURNEY, PLEASE VISIT MY NAXOS ISLAND TRAVELPAGES, ENJOY OR GO TO MY EXTERNAL PAGE WHERE YOU CAN VIEW ALL MY NAXOS AND ATHENS PHOTOS

TRANQUILITY OF AUTUMN

Autumn in County Cork! I took this picture one evening when the sun was almost setting some weeks ago. It is the old disused railway bridge in Ballydehob.

• Intro Updated May 26, 2014

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Yesterday

beautiful photos here for VT thanks Agnes! and lovely places..i love the change of fonts too...i need to make an effort to find and come to grips with using them and get my main page jazzed up a bit!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Congratulations Agnes, for having your photo represent one of the Top Ten Beaches!! Beautiful!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
      Mar 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM

You are welcome Agnes, The link is: virtualtourist.com/press-cen...

Your photo is #8 I found out about it via my private e-mail. Thanks for your nice comment about my pages.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Yesterday

thanks for the link that ive just seen too thanks Linda! and many congrats Agnes for your lovely pic being part of the 10 rather lovely photos!

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Thank you for visiting my Saint Petersburg page. It makes me happy when someone find a inspiration in my travel memories. I wish you a many many travelings!

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Bon anniversaire Agnes! Greetings from the Swiss Alps ;-) Patrick aka Tripack

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Belated happy birthday Agnes!

Sep 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Thank you so much Donna, I had a lovely day, and now roll on another year...

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Happy Birthday!

• LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Very best wishes on your special day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the mountains of Central Pennsylvania! I have truly enjoyed reading your pages and viewing your photographs. I'm a rock hound and it would be so pleasant to hunt for specimens in Ireland. You've got me thinking...

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Thank you so much for your wishes Leslie, my I did have a lovely day! Glad you enjoyed my pages. I know that I've not updated as much as I should have, for example I did have another Indian journey, a Mauritius one and a canal boat journey through Holland and part of Northern Belgium over which I have not written much at all yet. I've also done more travelling in Ireland and been to Glasgow in Schotland. As far as my stone collection goes, I've got precious stones, I mean, ones that I picked up far away and which carry a story. Also people bring me stones as a souvenier when they visit some country - stones are a precious as jewelry to me - the rocks of the earth - if you would like some of Ireland surely we should put our heads together and I could even send you some.
      Warm greetings from West Cork.

• LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo
      Oct 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I appreciate your warm reply. You certainly do get around! I agree with you about how well stones can carry a story and indeed, be quite heartwarming souveniers. I treasure both the stones I collect and the ones given as gifts. On a visit to the island of Martha's Vineyard I was collecting surf tumbled rocks and loaded my pants pockets so full my pants fell down! Shale is very common in my immediate area as we are in a coal producing region. They aren't taking much coal out now but we live within the Marcellus Shale formation and there is a great deal of natural gas under us. Fracking has been a major issue in this part of the state. The colors of autumn are now spreading across our mountains and it is quite beautiful. Best wishes to you.

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Wishing You a Very Happy Birthday Agnes!

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Thank you so much Sue, I had a lovely day, just been for a delicious meal in a famous Blairs Cove here in West Cork. How are you keeping yourself, wish you the best. Warm greetings, Agnes

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Many happy returns of the day from sunny Manchester!

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Thanks so much Gilly, and how is life treating you these days? I never forget meeting you, it was lovely! Warm greetings, Agnes

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2013 at 5:18 AM

Happy Birthday Agnes, have a lovely day !

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Thank you so much Katherine, hoping you are keeping well. Warm greetings from West Cork x

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
songlines's Profile Photo

songlines

“To move and see and meet and taste is to live, to enjoy.”

Real Name