"WELCOME EVERYONE TO MY HOMEPAGE" songlines's Profile
WELCOME MY DEAR FRIENDS AND VISITORS TO MY VT SITE, II HOPE THAT YOU MAY ENJOY MY STORIES OF TRAVEL, OF PEOPLE AND CULTURES FAR AWAY AND CLOSE, OF DIFFERENT CULTURES, AND THE COLOURFUL WAYS OF PEOPLE ALL OVER THE GLOBE IN AS FAR AS THAT HAS BEEN POSSIBLE FOR MEcb%
I recently found this poem on the web and I liked it very much.
A Journey worth Taking
Antonio Muchado y Ruiz, one of the Spanish poets of the famous "Generation of 1898" wrote a beautiful poem about one making the road as one travels...
Caminante, son tus huellas
el camino, y nada mas;
Caminante, no hay camino;
se hace el camino al andar.
Al andar se hace camino
Y al volver la vista atras
se ve la senda que nunca
se ha de volver a pisar.
Caminante, no hay camino,
si no estelas en la mar.
Traveler, traveler, your footprints are
the road and nothing more.
Traveler, there is no road;
the road is made as you travel.
Travelling, the road is made,
and as you turn to look back
you can see the path that
shall not be walked on again.
Traveler, there is no road,
only a trail in the sea..
DURING THE WINTER OF 9/10 I HAD AN AMAZING STAY IN S.INDIA.
I MADE MANY MANY PHOTOS BUT THE NICEST PHOTOS OF ALL ARE THE ONES THAT I DID NOT TAKE, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN MY MIND AS THE MOMENT WAS TOO PRECIOUS TO BE DISTURBED BY A CAMERA. I WILL TREASURE THESE PICS FOREVER.
FINALLY I HAVE FOUND SOME TIME TO START BUILDING PAGES OF MY VISIT.
IT WILL BE AN ONGOING EFFORT FOR A WHILE.
YOU CAN FIND MY FIRST INTRO AND TRAVELLOGUE, ALSO TIPS AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS.
INTRODUCTION TO ANDHRA PRADESH]
DRIVING FROM TAMIL NADU TO ANDHRA PRADESH
THE BEAUTIFUL VILLAGE OF SATYAVEDU
I HAVE COME TO KNOW THAT TO TRAVEL IS TO CONNECT WITH SO MANY BEAUTIFUL SOULS, A VERY ENRICHING EXPERIENCE INDEED.
THANK YOU TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS AND THE PEOPLE THAT I MET IN RECENT WEEKS.
"To those who have not realised, the world is confined to the space it occupies. To those who have, it is the limitless substratum of the world."
Verse 18 of the "Forty Verses on Reality" by Ramana Maharshi
June this year saw me travelling up to Boston and the New England area, a first visit to America! I was to meet up with fellow VTer Mikio, who was to fly in from Hawaii, we had "met" via the VT pages, over a year ago! It turned out to be a fantastic meeting and journey! What a wonderful companion to share the great sights of Boston, and finally a parting.
But the whole trip has been so wonderful, such a great memory! I was so impressed with this part of America that I'd like to visit it again and see more of it's sights. I was so impressed with the people that we came across, very friendly folks.
PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO VISIT MY TRAVELLOGUES:
(I'm adding to all the travellogues daily)
A lovely drive is from Lauragh towards the Healy Pass going from Co Kerry into Co Cork. The scenery is out of this world, the road is not for the faint hearted, full of hairpin bends it weaves its way through the mountain pass and down again towards Adrigole way. A real must if you are in this part of the world*
I am very happy to be able to share some photos of my most recent travel destination which was Slovenia, Bovec and surrounding area and also a visit to Ljubljana. I found it very beautiful and I was very impressed with the mountains. The people also I have found to be very pleasant and cultured. Ljubljana was a terrific city, great architecture and cozy town living. A country I will be back to in the future I'm sure.
These are some of the stones in my collection, I picked them up at a dissused copper mine in Ballydehob, West Cork. It is ordinary quartz and copper ore. There are more copper mines in West Cork, at Allehies on the Beara Pennisula, check out this website:http://www.minex.ie/Mining/Historical.htm
and also on Mount Gabriel which is near Ballydehob.
The rocks around West Cork are maily quartz and slate.
In Connemara, West of Ireland you find a nice green marble and over in Northern Ireland at the Giants Causeway you find black basalt. Check out this website: http://www.giantscausewayofficialguide.com/geology.htm
Other than that I have at times found lovely quarts crystals here in West Cork.
For people interested in geology there is lots to see and find in Ireland to interest them.
TO SEE MORE PHOTOS OF MY JOURNEY, PLEASE VISIT MY NAXOS ISLAND TRAVELPAGES, ENJOY OR GO TO MY EXTERNAL PAGE WHERE YOU CAN VIEW ALL MY NAXOS AND ATHENS PHOTOS
Autumn in County Cork! I took this picture one evening when the sun was almost setting some weeks ago. It is the old disused railway bridge in Ballydehob.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Feb 9, 2011
SOME TALES OF MY FAMILY
Written Oct 26, 2008
CORK VT MEET 2008
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 62 Reviews
- 507 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on songlines's profile page
- created a Cobh Travel Page "A beautiful little town on the East Coast"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A beautiful little town on the East Coast"
- Wrote a Review Easy access to the city in Cork Hotels
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Re: Is it save to travel to India..."
updated their Profile Page "WELCOME EVERYONE TO MY HOMEPAGE"
- songlines and DaHongHua are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to State of Andhra Pradesh
PhotosSee All Photos (507)
Top 10 Pages
- Naxos Island Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tiruvannamalai Intro, 6 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec Intro, 3 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- County Cork Intro, 3 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 35 photos, 7 travelogues
- Skibbereen Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- State of Andhra Pradesh Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cork Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bantry Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos