"Oxford, Students Spires and Stonework." Oxford by Buckz
Oxford Travel Guide: 965 reviews and 2,036 photos
In Thomas Hardy's Jude the Obscure, Jude (the gullible!) gazed on Oxford this city of Spires and longed to go there and be a stone mason, which he did. Oxford has beautiful stonework everywhere, and for this is well worth a visit.
The weather was dull and grey when I was there, so no interesting pictures
If you get bored walking the town, youcan go boating- if you really wanted to...
This quiet area has a few other attractions- this is the true home of Formula one racing. Williams, McLaren, Bennetton (now Renault), Jordan, are all based in this area.
There are also a few white horses to be seen on the hillsides.
Buckz's Related Pages
Oxford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oxford Stories"
- "The Gown Town"
- "A home in Oxford"
- "The Oxford Story"
- "City of Dreaming Spires"
- "The City of Dreaming Spires"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oxford
- Hotels in Oxford
- Transportation in Oxford
- Nightlife in Oxford
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Shopping in Oxford
- Warnings and Dangers in Oxford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oxford
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Oxford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oxford
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 25 reviews, 20 photos
- Ireland Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Kenya Intro, 15 reviews, 10 photos
- France Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arinsal Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Egypt Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Venice Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Brussels Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Rome Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos