"Kefalos, the best resort on Kos?" Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos by MartinSelway
Kefalos Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 64 photos
This is a great resort with plenty to do and enough places to eat out at a different place every night, if that's what you want.
The beach is not the best for sand but does have sandy stretches and beautiful crystal clear water. All the staff at shops and restaurants were so friendly and happy that our daughter asked us why!
We popped into a store for a box of matches and the owner saw my daughter's badge saying she was '7 today'. In a spontaneous gesture she offered her a free lolly, and also gave one to our 3 year old so she didn't feel left out! We left with the shop owner having given us more than we had given her (the matches only cost 30 cents!), and this in so many ways summed up the generous nature of the people in this resort for us. Similar acts of kindness were shown to us throughout our stay in Kefalos - people giving something for nothing, which is so rare to see these days.
For accommodation, we can highly recommend the Hotel Zeus where we stayed.
If you hire a car, this makes a great base from which to explore the whole Island. Trust Car Rental will sort you out.
Eat at any one of Stamatia, Stop In, Sebastian's, or Santa Barbara and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Both Kos, as an Island, and Kefalos, as a resort, both have devoted fans who return year afetr year. If you are in search of a relaxing sun holiday but still with enough things to do and see, then we would add our recommendations to the many others. the whole place is so relaxed, friendly and trusting - most people do not lock their cars or scooters and many seem to leave the keys in the ignition as well! The hotel did not lock the bar at night. Everything is on trust.
For further info on any of the above, and more, see our Tips.
If there is a question you would like to ask about the resort that is not covered, please email us and we will do our best to answer it.
We would recommend a visit up to the Old Kefalos Town; day trip to see the volcano on Nisyros; day trip to Kos Town; and an evening vist to Zia Mountain Village.
See our Tips section for more details of recommended Tavernas and the suggested day trips.
A great web site devoted just to Kos can be found at:
We found this site invaluable in shortlisting Kos as a holiday destination and finding out the pros and cons of different resorts and attractions.
- Pros:A fun and friendly beach resort with great tavernas, crystal clear seas, and friendly people
- In a nutshell:Our favourite Kos resort
Here is a Kos Road Map for you take get an idea of the roads before you arrive. It was the free map that we got with... more travel advice
There are the usual selection of poor quality postcard images and bog standard calanders in all shops. My tip is to... more travel advice
- Beware of the motorbikes!
- Kefalos Nightlife
- See All Bubble & Paradise Beach
- Take a jumper
MartinSelway's Related Pages
Kefalos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kefalos, the best resort on Kos?"
- "Kefalos, Kos"
- "Kefalos, a town on the Greek island of Kos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kefalos
- Hotels in Kefalos
- Transportation in Kefalos
- Nightlife in Kefalos
- Restaurants in Kefalos
- Shopping in Kefalos
- Warnings and Dangers in Kefalos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kefalos
- 23 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kefalos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kefalos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Burnley Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Josselin Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Todmorden Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 4 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Nisyros Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goathland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dent Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.