"Nisyros Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Nisyros by MartinSelway
Nisos Nisyros Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 120 photos
Nisyros lies between Kos and Tilos. It is covered by a thick coat of vegetationa nd its subsoil is rich in minerals.
We arrived here by boat on a day trip from Kos. We loved the Island. The main point of interest is the dormant volcano, and bus trips run from the harbour.
The Port and Capital is Mandraki, which only has a population of 929 people. This is very interesting place to explore, and there is a Monastry with great views over the town.
The Island is quite small with an area of just 42 Sq Km and its coastline is 28 Km in length. It is 25 nautical miles from Kos and 45 nautical miles from Rhodes.
- Pros:the 'real' Greece, Port, Mandraki, Volcano
- Cons:Try and avoid the tourist crowds as they land in groups
- In a nutshell:Wonderful day trip destination
We had drinks at two of the port side tavernas which look right out to the sea, and had lunch at a third. All are small... more travel advice
I guess this is going to be one of those love it or hate it trips. I’m not going to say that everyone will enjoy it as... more travel advice
MartinSelway's Related Pages
Nisos Nisyros Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Once Visited, Never Forgotten....."
- "Our daytrip to the Volcano"
- "Nisyros Island"
- "A short visit"
- "The island of Nisyros, Greece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nisos Nisyros
- Hotels in Nisos Nisyros
- Transportation in Nisos Nisyros
- Nightlife in Nisos Nisyros
- Restaurants in Nisos Nisyros
- Warnings and Dangers in Nisos Nisyros
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nisos Nisyros
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Nisos Nisyros?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nisos Nisyros
Photos in Nisos NisyrosSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Burnley Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Josselin Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Todmorden Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 4 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Nisyros Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goathland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dent Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.