"Burnley - A Town Amidst the Pennines" Burnley by MartinSelway
Burnley Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 48 photos
Well, Burnley is our home town and that's why we feel obliged to put something down here!
It's not one of the UK's top tourist attractions, but if your comming this way there are a few gems that you may want to visit. Take a look at the attractions tips for my recommendations.
Burnley is set on th edge of the south Pennine Moors.
The main highlights of the Town, in our view are:
Good Town Centre
History e.g. Queens Mill and the Weavers' Triangle
Historic Houses of Towneley Hall and Gawthorpe Hall
- Pros:History, countryside, fine buildings, friendly folk.
- Cons:Run down housing, weather (rain!)
- In a nutshell:A town of contrasts.
A formal Edwardian urban park. Retains most original features: boating lake, Italian gardens, Ranger centre, and... more travel advice
This one is for the museum buffs out there. Queen Street Textile Museum is a unique survivor of the nineteenth century... more travel advice
MartinSelway's Related Pages
Burnley Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Burnley
- Nightlife in Burnley
- Restaurants in Burnley
- Shopping in Burnley
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Burnley
- 20 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Burnley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burnley
Photos in BurnleySee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Burnley Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Josselin Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Todmorden Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 4 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Nisyros Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goathland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dent Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.