"Cardiff, Land of my Fathers" Cardiff by MartinSelway
Cardiff Travel Guide: 1,026 reviews and 2,977 photos
I was born in Cardiff and lived there for 20 years before leaving to go to University 'Up North'. My parents live there, my Sister lives there, my Aunty & Uncle - so I think I had better get some tips up here as I know it pretty well.
Cardiff is a modern and large City - but you never seem to be overwhelmed by it. It all seems accessible and on a human scale. Having visited most cities in the UK I still rate it as one of the best.
Stay a weekend or a week, there is loads to do and see, and it is an excellent base on which to explore the wider region - like the Heritage Coast, Brecon Beacons, vale of Glamorgan, Wye Valley etc.
Rather than try to cover everything, I will keep my tips to those things that I do consider as 'Must Do's' - in other words, my highlights.
Here are my Cardiff highlights. You'll find more details under the tips section and I'll be adding more when I get time.
Museum of Welsh Life, St Fagans
City Centre Shopping
City Parks: Roath, Cefn On
Glamorgan Heritage Coast
- Pros:A large modern City but accessible and on a human scale
- In a nutshell:Capital City of Wales and my childhood home
You could set aside a few hours to explore around Llandaff, a lovely village in its own right. The jewel in the crown of... more travel advice
South Wales has a great coastline. You can see some of the best of it on the Glamorgan Heritage Coast - which you can... more travel advice
MartinSelway's Related Pages
Cardiff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cardiff - the friendly capital"
- "Prifddinas Cymru (Capital of Wales)"
- "Croeso i Gaerdydd/ Welcome to Cardiff"
- "Cardiff ......My Hometown"
- "Cosmopolitan Cardiff"
- "capital of Wales"
- "Caerdydd - Britain's young capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cardiff
- Hotels in Cardiff
- Transportation in Cardiff
- Nightlife in Cardiff
- Restaurants in Cardiff
- Shopping in Cardiff
- Warnings and Dangers in Cardiff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cardiff
- 4 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardiff
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Burnley Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Josselin Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Todmorden Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 4 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Nisyros Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goathland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dent Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.