"Our travels" MartinSelway's Profile
Our favourite form of getting away is the good old caravan. The current van is a Bailey Scorpio, and it is serving us very well.
The caravan is the ideal way to visit new places at low cost - arrive when you like, and leave when you like. If your not happy - move on. The flexibility is great, especially with two young daughters.
We are members of the Caravan Club and frequently use their sites because we know that they will always be of a high standard. Commercial sites are far more of a lottery.
As and when I get the time I will try and build up a review of different sites we have stayed on and what's worth seeing nearby.
Something I've discovered writing up my UK pages - it's very time consuming!
I will try and write up some of our foreign holiday destinations as time allows - concentrating on recommendations for accommodation and a couple of top tips to get us up & running, with more details to follow.
July - Gower Coast (1 week) & Pembry Country park, (1 week) South Wales
Sept - Kos, Greek Islands
November ~ Scarborough & Whitby
October ~ Blackpool
October ~ Lake District
October ~ Burnley, Lancashire
June ~ Southport, Merseyside
May ~ Leyburn, North Torkshire
April ~ Goathland, North Yorkshire
April ~ Robin Hoods Bay, North Yorkshire
March ~ Grange-Over-Sands, Cumbria
July 1994 ~ Dominican Republic
Dec 1994 ~ Peak District, YHA
Jun 1996 ~ Caravan holiday Scotland
Sep 1996 ~ Self catering apt. Lagos, Algarve.
May 1997 ~ Pathos Cyprus
Jul 1997 ~ Forest of Dean
Jul 1998 ~ Devon 1 week on north coast, 1 on south coast
Jan 1999 ~ North Sea Ferry Cruise to Belgium
Jul 1999 ~ Texel, Holland
Sep 1999 ~ Forest Of Dean (Christchurch site)
Nov 1999 Scarborough
Apr 2000 ~ North Yorks, Pately Bridge & Leyburn
Jun 2000 ~ Grange Over Sands
Jun/Jul 2000 ~ Pembrokeshire
Aug ~ Ullswater
Sep 2000 ~ Petra, Lesvos, Greece
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 154 Reviews
- 441 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Wrote a Review Inspiration on places to visit/activities in Josselin Favorites
- updated a Josselin Travel Page "Josselin - a medieval town of character"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bastille Day Celebrations"
- Commented on one of Raffies's Cairo travel pages
updated their Profile Page "Our travels"
- Posted in Travel Kos Forum "Re: Kos airport"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Burnley Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Josselin Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos
- Todmorden Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff Intro, 4 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Nisyros Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goathland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dent Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.