Pulau Perhentian Besar Off The Beaten Path Tips by backpackerbaby Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Perhentian Besar Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 11 photos
Another good example.
Instead of cutting the slope, buildings are founded on the some columns down to the rock. This construction method not only shows a special style but also helps preserve the natural terrain.
A nicely designed staircase, though damaged.
It's surprising to see different constructions on this secluded island. Though it's secluded, the 'infrastructure' is quite well developed. For example, you can pass from one beach to the next by some nicely designed staircases as shown in the picture.
Engineers are to improve people's life!!!
One day after lunch, we walked along the beach from Tunabay towards Abdul's Chalets and kept on walking. Going up 2 sets of staircases, passing 2 old piers and reached this secluded beach. Nice fine sand here!
Some locals said we could climb over the rocks along the sea to the other side, which should be near Flora Bay, but it sounded too dangerous for us so we didn't...
The Marine Park Exhibition Centre.
There is a Marine Park Exhibition Centre in between Tunabay Resort and Abdul's Chalet. The building seemed quite new but it was close when we were there. Perhaps it's only open in peak season?
Anyway, the view up there to the sea was AWESOME!!!
There is a trail linking Long Beach and Coral Bay. It's not as nice as the jungle trail on Perhentian Besar Island but it's worth a walk.
Where to start?
There is a path near Mohsin Chalets leading to the trail.
It's a very short trail and took us just 15 minutes one way.
What to see?
Apart from vegetation, be prepared to meet some wild lizards. They were HUGE!!!
A colourful jungle trekking map.
There is a nice trail linking Perhentian Island Resort and the beach of Flora Bay Chalets.
The starting point is right next to the tennis court of Perhentian Island Resort, just ask the reception staff after getting off the water taxi.
It took us about 30 minutes to get to Flora Bay. Before arriving in the beach, you'll see a water processing plant on your right.
It's a very easy trial. I wore sandals and my friend even just wore her flip-flops. Just beware of the branches when walking. My right arm was hurt by a thick branch sticking out from a tree : (
More Reviews (21)
- See All Step 3: Take a speed boat to the...
- How about an after lunch nap in a...
- See All Enjoy the sunset.
- David Beckham on the beach?
- Pack light!
backpackerbaby's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's HEAVEN!"
- "PULAU PERHENTIAN BESAR - EAST COAST OF MALAYSIA"
- "Béseme en Besar"
- "Jennifer's search for Solitude"
- "Tropical Paradise discovered"
- "A Place to Get Away"
- "Pulau Perhentian Besar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Château-d'Oex Off The Beaten Path
- Whitecourt Off The Beaten Path
- Kilclooney Dolmen, Ardara
- Kenmare Off The Beaten Path
- Haiti Off The Beaten Path
- Arad Off The Beaten Path
- Fargo Off The Beaten Path
- San José Off The Beaten Path
- County Galway Off The Beaten Path
- Zermatt Off The Beaten Path
- Boise Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- 27 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Besar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Posted in Travel Mackay Forum "Brissie to Mackay road trip"
- Commented on one of kelnsha's Pulau Perhentian Besar travel pages
- updated a Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Page "It's HEAVEN!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lovely Faces on the Island"
- Wrote a Review Step 3: Take a speed boat to the PARADISE in Pulau Perhentian Besar Transportation
Photos in Pulau Perhentian BesarSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 59 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 27 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 29 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pamukkale Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
Latest Pulau Perhentian Besar hotel reviews
- Coral View Island Resort
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- New Cocohut & Cozy Chalets
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Flora Bay Resort
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Aseania Resort Pulau Besar
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Perhentian Paradise Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Panorama Chalet Resort
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Abdul Chalet
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013