"A Big Surprise" Kuala Lumpur by backpackerbaby

Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,004 reviews and 13,551 photos

I longed to visit Malaysia. Two years before, I got a chance to stop-over in KL during a flight transit. Owing to the hot weather, owing to being alone, owing to lack of planning, I didn't make good use of that chance. It's really a regrettable mistake. I should have visited this lovely place earlier.

This time, as a part of our great Easter vacation, we spent totally 3 nights in KL: 2 nights before heading to Langkawi and 1 more night after relaxing on Langkawi before heading back to Singapore. Every moment was unforgettable.

• Pros:Friendly people, great food, served by Air Asia!
  • In a nutshell:out of expectation!
  • Last visit to Kuala Lumpur: Apr 2004
  • Intro Written Apr 22, 2004

• samput23's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 12:18 AM

i missed those foods at jln alor, BB area. thumbs up!really appreciate urself appreciating our country. should give borneo island a try. more wonders for u to ponders in our island. best SAM

• makiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2006 at 10:09 PM

I got mixed up trying to get to the KL tower...thought i could just figure it out by looking up towards it...and that's the only mosquito bites I got on my trip...sheesh. Enjoyed your pages. Rob

• chbuchie's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 8:44 AM

too bad I haven't seen the towers at night -- we have some other mutual travel destinations & I share your backpacking / travel principles

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 8:33 AM

Well presented :) Regards,Vesna

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2005 at 10:12 PM

Nice page and interesting photos.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 2:02 AM

enjoyed some little titbits about KL here on VT, OK ?

• happycamperboy's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 12:26 AM

Wow ..!!! what a great shot of the TT at night. and love the way you kiss it too!!! Good work on you web page. Itz inspiring to say the least. Thanks :)

• vigi's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2004 at 1:23 AM

Nice shots of the twin towers!

• diggingdeep's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2004 at 8:08 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to KL, hmmm how come i didnt know there is a Gelato shop near JWMarriot? ought to check it out when i'm back in KL, your picture of those yummy ice cream is hypnotizing!! cheers from another ice-cream fanatic!!!

• GinGinCoo's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 10:34 AM

wow... now I want to go to Malaysia too! Great tips! - Jean

backpackerbaby

“Pack your bag and go ahead!”

Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?

Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur