"The Garden Route" Top 5 Page for this destination George by glennkasner
George Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 136 photos
I can remember travelling from Saldanha to Cape Town on one of these as a youngster. It took nearly four hours to complete the journey travelling through the towns of Vredenburg, Hopefield, Darling and on to Cape Town. New roads and modern motorised transportation has reduced this trip to just over an hour.
This specimen brought back memories. It was actually owned by one of our neighbours in Saldanha who collected vintage vehicles and as children we used to pretend it was our stage coach when playing cowboys and indians!
George offers golfers a selection of four world class courses to play on. Not tyhe cheapest but certainly worth the... more travel advice
glennkasner's Related Pages
George Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "George, town of stunning scenery!!"
- "George - Four seasons in one day."
- "Heart of the Garden Route"
- "Gorgeous George"
- "The Garden Route"
- See All...
- Things to Do in George
- Hotels in George
- Transportation in George
- Restaurants in George
- Shopping in George
- See All...
Badges & Stats in George
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George
Photos in GeorgeSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 67 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- South Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Sun City Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Hermanus Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Waenhuiskrans Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Mpumalanga Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues