"Hermanus" Hermanus by glennkasner
Hermanus Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 135 photos
This once sleepy little town has grown to become the whale watching capital of South Africa. Thanks to it being rated as the best land based whale watching location on the planet, visitors are drawn d from all corners of the earth to witness the spectacle annually.
Hermanus also boast as having the only "Whale Crier" who can be seen (and heard) announcing the latest whale sightings by means of a series of blows on his kelp horn.
- Pros:Excellent whale watching
- Cons:It gets hectic over week ends
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit during the whale season
This is probably what you will visit Hermanus for in the first place. The whales visit Hermanus from July onwards with... more travel advice
glennkasner's Related Pages
Hermanus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most amazing coastal town in the Cape"
- "Hermanus and surrounding areas"
- "Great Place to See Whales"
- "Land Based Whale Watching Paradise."
- "Hermanus Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hermanus
- Hotels in Hermanus
- Restaurants in Hermanus
- Shopping in Hermanus
- Warnings and Dangers in Hermanus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hermanus
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Hermanus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hermanus
Photos in HermanusSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 67 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- South Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Sun City Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Hermanus Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Waenhuiskrans Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Mpumalanga Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues