"Paarl - Pearl of the Cape winelands?" Paarl by glennkasner
Paarl Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 87 photos
Nederburg is one of South Africa's premier estates. Not only famous for it's excellent wines but also for the annual wine auction and fashion show.
A relatively new and innovative addition is "Nederburg's Incredible Journey of Tastes.
At first I thought it was going to be just another wine tasting but renowned food pairing specialist Katinka van Niekerk had other ideas.
She took us on a mind blowing journey of discovery, proving how paring a dish with the correct wine can make or destroy your opinion of the wine.
A word of warning - they keep topping up the glasses and ther's no spitting! ( not that we minded ;-))
- Pros:The wines
- Cons:It can get pretty hot here in the summer
glennkasner's Related Pages
Paarl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paarl ( meaning pearl)"
- "Plenty to like about the Pearl of the Winelands"
- "a short drive from Cape Town is PAARL"
- "Het Taalmonument (The language monument)"
- "Paarl and the Winelands"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paarl
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Paarl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paarl
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 67 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- South Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Sun City Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Hermanus Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Waenhuiskrans Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Mpumalanga Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Paarl hotel reviews
- De Oude Paarl Boutique Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Aug 4, 2012